Gransnet forums

AIBU

Strange people about today.

(63 Posts)
HUNTERF Mon 01-Jul-13 11:49:01

I was in Tesco's car park this morning sitting in my car waiting for my daughter to come out and a woman emptied her shopping in to her car and put the trolley in front of mine.
I got out and put her trolley in front of her car when she was about to drive away.
She was annoyed.

Frank

vegasmags Mon 01-Jul-13 11:51:41

My God Frank you do like to live on the edge, don't you? I don't know how you stand the excitement.

ginny Mon 01-Jul-13 11:53:56

What a pity you don't recieve £5 for every odd person you come across Frank. You would be able to pay for the whole of gransnet to go for christmas dinner.

MamaCaz Mon 01-Jul-13 12:00:39

Of course, she might just have popped it there for a 'second', intending to take it back to the trolley park when she'd finished what she was doing. That's what happened to me a couple of weeks ago, though it was my own car I left it behind, and didn't remember it was there until I reversed into it! I won't be mentioning that one to DH. blush

Grannyknot Mon 01-Jul-13 13:48:59

Frank. Changing the world one supermarket trolley at a time.

Goose Mon 01-Jul-13 13:51:16

grin Grannyknot

Galen Mon 01-Jul-13 13:58:38

confused

mollie Mon 01-Jul-13 14:17:06

I'm with you on this one Frank...thoughtless by that woman, I'd have done the same.

dorsetpennt Mon 01-Jul-13 14:42:06

Blimey Frank the excitement of your story just gripped me - I'm so glad you shared this with us. smile

mollie Mon 01-Jul-13 14:45:00

smile it is the way Frank tells 'em isn't it!

glammanana Mon 01-Jul-13 14:49:36

I'm wondering why he thinks we would be in the slightest bit interested the poor woman most probably made an honest mistake.

HUNTERF Mon 01-Jul-13 14:53:11

I think some people are just plain selfish and want to get things done as quickly as possible and do not care about damaging other peoples property.

A few days ago a woman parked her car on a double yellow line and as a result a lorry could not get passed and was delayed.

Anybody who does this should get a fine and made to reimburse the lorry company and the driver for the lost time.

Frank

Galen Mon 01-Jul-13 15:37:15

Did the lorry fail then? What was it? A MOT.

janthea Mon 01-Jul-13 15:43:38

I also wondered what the lorry had passed rather than failed.

mollie Mon 01-Jul-13 16:18:02

Wicked ladies grin. Frank is making a point ... Have some sympathy!

HUNTERF Mon 01-Jul-13 16:30:23

And a cow has just phoned me.
It said moo down the phone.
How did it dial my number?.

Frank

Ariadne Mon 01-Jul-13 17:13:42

"strange people about today" Well, yes!

gma Mon 01-Jul-13 18:10:14

I hope that the woman who put her trolley in front of your car is reading this........Hopefully she will do it again and be a gransnetter, she could take a photo of you with her phone and let us all know just what you look like. My bet is, medium height, thick glasses, flat cap, brown mac, socks and sandals, drives an Austin Allegro (had since new,2000 miles on clock and furry dice) On the other hand she could do it all again and as you got out of your car she could run over you and give us serious gransnetters a break from your inane drivel, Frank.....its not entertaining any longer. smile

gma Mon 01-Jul-13 18:13:22

I hope that the woman who put her trolley in front of your car is reading this........Hopefully she will do it again and be a gransnetter, she could take a photo of you with her phone and let us all know just what you look like. My bet is, medium height, thick glasses, flat cap, brown mac, socks and sandals, drives an Austin Allegro (had since new,2000 miles on clock and furry dice) On the other hand she could do it all again and as you got out of your car she could run over you and give us serious gransnetters a break from your inane drivel, Frank.....its not entertaining any longer. smile

gma Mon 01-Jul-13 18:14:38

opps!!!!!!

nonnanoo Mon 01-Jul-13 18:30:26

Frank, so happy for you that you appear to have no real problems in your life, that you must seek them out.....

Wheniwasyourage Mon 01-Jul-13 19:05:31

Can we have an end to the increasingly nippy comments to Frank? I think (in this case) he's right about people who do things which make it obvious that they don't acknowledge the existence of others. Ok, some of his posts are a bit unusual, but he's not nasty to those who reply to him - I assume he has a sense of humour, which is always a plus.

Even if he doesn't exist, he's entertaining, and I think we should be nice to him in return for his making our lives more surreal. flowers for you, Frank!

janerowena Mon 01-Jul-13 19:09:10

I would have loved to have done the same, frank.

petallus Mon 01-Jul-13 19:34:30

I do so agree with wheniwasyourage

j08 Mon 01-Jul-13 19:39:57

And me!