Gransnet forums

AIBU

niggly things

(57 Posts)
grannyactivist Tue 03-Dec-13 22:11:51

My husband (aka The Wonderful Man) was away for the whole of last week helping our son with jobs around his flat (jobs in this house are still waiting......hmm). He arrived home on Saturday evening with just enough time to shower and change before we went out to dinner with friends; so no time to chat. The following morning (Sunday) he left for the office to catch up on his admin before I was even awake. We then met up in the late afternoon at a cafe with his parents and our daughter and her family; so no time to talk together. On to our church meeting (where dear friends had prepared him a meal) and then home by nine o'clock, where husband shot off to pack his bag in order to leave for work early the next morning. He left the house before I woke and won't be home now until Thursday night. I can cope with all the above and only feel slightly niggly - but HE'S TAKEN MY COMPUTER MOUSE WITH HIM!!!!!!! And that is just too much!!! AIBU?
What niggles you?

lucyinthesky Wed 04-Dec-13 16:42:49

What is freecell???

Lona Wed 04-Dec-13 16:50:55

www.freecell-cardgame.com/

kittylester Wed 04-Dec-13 16:51:28

I looked at Freecell - didn't understand it confused

Elegran Wed 04-Dec-13 16:55:49

Card game or patience.

Ana Wed 04-Dec-13 17:10:06

Isn't patience a card game? tchconfused

Ana Wed 04-Dec-13 17:10:49

Although they call it Solitaire on t'internet.

NfkDumpling Wed 04-Dec-13 17:22:11

Stay clear Kitty !

(How was your mum today?)

Atqui Wed 04-Dec-13 17:25:46

Changing the subject back to the original question about niggles,does any one else get irritated by mugs being dumped on the work surface above the dishwasher, when said dishwasher is empty?

grannyactivist Wed 04-Dec-13 17:56:45

I have forgiven the theft of my mouse (virtuous emoticon) because it has (apparently) made life so much easier for my beloved during his current absence - and also because your responses have caused me to smile 'muchly'; a word used by my Italian student today.
I'm going into the city tomorrow to a) collect my newly butchered pig and b) to watch my grandson being a star in his school nativity play, (note that was a star and not the star). He is also going to sing a solo which, if he doesn't back out on the day, will no doubt cause a rush of peace and goodwill to my head and tears to my eyes.
After the concert I shall betake myself to a technological emporium and purchase for myself a second mouse for emergencies thereof.
(Teaching English to speakers of other languages affects me not in the slightest. grin)

FlicketyB Wed 04-Dec-13 19:37:26

If only it was just mugs left on the worktop above the washing machine, it is the coats on the chair beside the coat cupboard, the bottle of squash on the worktop above the cupboard it belongs in, the tooth brush and toothpaste just below the holder, you get the picture.

FlicketyB Wed 04-Dec-13 19:40:52

Sorry, not washing machine, dishwasher.

Lona Wed 04-Dec-13 20:08:50

grannya I have pm'd you re pig!

grannyactivist Wed 04-Dec-13 20:15:56

Slight digression here, but does anyone else's husband keep a spare toothbrush and toothpaste in their car and another on their office desk?

grannyactivist Wed 04-Dec-13 20:18:29

Thanks Lona, it's called 'Pork' and I've just ordered it. smile

Nonu Wed 04-Dec-13 20:25:31

SIX and counting although I do also like Solitare .
tchgrin

Ana Wed 04-Dec-13 20:31:39

Spare toothbrush and toothpaste in the car...? tchconfused

No! tchgrin

Agus Wed 04-Dec-13 20:33:25

Solitaire is a different game Ana

FlicketyB Wed 04-Dec-13 23:27:28

No, its his b****y big grey soft bag that is permanently half-packed and lives at the end of the bed - and he is meant to be RETIRED

LizG Wed 04-Dec-13 23:36:04

I am a Candy Crushaholic blush Haven't played Freecell for many years.

newist Wed 04-Dec-13 23:37:27

I am addicted to freecell I now have 1136 100% win

ginny Wed 04-Dec-13 23:48:40

My DH puts his toothbrush in the cupboard but leaves the toothpaste with the lid open by the basin. He puts his wet bath towel in the airing cupboard but all screwed up, so it doesn't dry. AAARRRGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

grannyactivist Wed 04-Dec-13 23:56:31

154 games played, 96% won on Freecell.
204 games played, 75% won on Spider.
However my game du jour is MahJong and I have no idea what my stats are for that, but my quickest game of Dragon was completed in 1min 19 secs.

As you see, I'm far too busy on Gransnet to spend too much time on games. grin

annodomini Thu 05-Dec-13 00:26:06

Mahjong Titans is a fairly addictive game which I downloaded free from the Internet.

annodomini Thu 05-Dec-13 00:38:10

Or it might be one of the games included with MS Windows Vista.

kittylester Thu 05-Dec-13 06:33:00

Thanks for asking Nfk. Mum's chest infection has gone, she is off regular oxygen but they are struggling to get her to eat and drink. But my hair, apparently, looked good. grin

As you were thread!