Gransnet forums

AIBU

niggly things

(57 Posts)
grannyactivist Tue 03-Dec-13 22:11:51

My husband (aka The Wonderful Man) was away for the whole of last week helping our son with jobs around his flat (jobs in this house are still waiting......hmm). He arrived home on Saturday evening with just enough time to shower and change before we went out to dinner with friends; so no time to chat. The following morning (Sunday) he left for the office to catch up on his admin before I was even awake. We then met up in the late afternoon at a cafe with his parents and our daughter and her family; so no time to talk together. On to our church meeting (where dear friends had prepared him a meal) and then home by nine o'clock, where husband shot off to pack his bag in order to leave for work early the next morning. He left the house before I woke and won't be home now until Thursday night. I can cope with all the above and only feel slightly niggly - but HE'S TAKEN MY COMPUTER MOUSE WITH HIM!!!!!!! And that is just too much!!! AIBU?
What niggles you?

Ana Thu 05-Dec-13 10:46:53

Agus, solitaire is just the American name for patience.

feetlebaum Thu 05-Dec-13 11:10:10

Funny thing - I hated Freecell for years. Suddenly I find it addictive - possibly due to Windows 8, I don't know. Spider is MUCH harder to bring out, but I like it.

Nonnie Thu 05-Dec-13 11:58:43

Can't list all the things DH doesn't put in the right place, would be much easier to notice the odd occasion when he does put something back where it belongs. Now if I'm looking for something I just ask him where it is before I start. Just how many places are there you can leave that useful small step ladder thing?

janerowena Thu 05-Dec-13 15:08:31

Grannyactivist, I have lost count of the things that go missing, and we regularly have a row discussion about him taking things without asking, because at times I have thought I was going mad. He is a teacher and he has to give lectures occasionally, as part of assembly, that have a moral value. (not about stealing, I presume) He takes props. No-one else takes props in, just him.

So far this year alone, I have gone outside with my washing to hang it up and not been able to find the rotary drier, gone to switch on the standard lamp and it had become part of Narnia, all of my baking equipment went missing and two days ago my lovely wrought iron tall candle holder that fits in my fireplace had gone. I was livid. I was even more livid when he came home and simply plonked it down on the rug and left it there. I made him return, pick it up and put it back exactly where he had filched it from. I think he thought I was joking at first, but when I think how cross he would get if I touched anything in his shed without replacing it I think my annoyance is justified. I get so worried that the kids will break my things ( a besom broom that came back a different shape springs to mind) or that he will forget to bring them home, which is what happened to the baking things for about four days. I don't think your annoyance about your mouse is petty at all - he thinks nothing of taking my phone charger if he can't find his.

rockgran Thu 05-Dec-13 15:18:30

I once had to climb out of the window as my husband had taken both sets ok keys.

Aka Thu 05-Dec-13 15:29:00

DH decided to be helpful today while I was out and hung the washing on the line...in this hurricane that's presently passing over the area. I've told him he can go next door and ask for his underpants back as I'm not doing it.