Gransnet forums

AIBU

Do you have a lucky charm/item in your home to bring you luck!

(36 Posts)
whenim64 Sun 09-Feb-14 20:52:40

No, although I've had a few given me over the years, esoecially from one crystal-tripping, Feng Shui loving, water-dowsing colleague who thought I should litter my home with symbols of the cosmos and luck-drawing items that all made their way to the charity shop.

POGS Sun 09-Feb-14 20:51:21

I don't have a particular lucky charm but I do have a bullet that I keep to remind me how lucky I was one day.

When I was younger I used to be in the TAVR and we were doing rifle practice at a rifle range. We took it in turns to 'man' the target area and change the paper dummies, that's how long ago it was!

I was bending over to pick one of the paper dummies up when somebody 'accidently' let off his rifle. The bullet bounced off a metal post and landed on my army boot. No Health and Safety in those good old days. Bless him he did say sorry. confused

Flowerofthewest Sun 09-Feb-14 20:48:26

I have a 'lucky' scarf which I borrowed from my daughter almost 3 years ago. I just grabbed it from where she had left it as mine was upstairs. I was on my way to see my consultant for scan results. I had good news and have worn it ever since when going for results, mine or DH's. I am not usually supersticious, but since having cancer I have become more so.

A little secret: shhhhhh!!! when tearing loo roll off and a scan or results coming up I am only happy if a sheet is torn off in one piece. If it tears irregularly then I keep tearing until I get a full sheet. Lord above the number of loo rolls I have got through this past 3 years. grin

rosesarered Sun 09-Feb-14 20:19:02

Nope, me neither.Looks like [so far] we are not a superstitious lot.However, there is still time.Have a cake, for good luck!cupcake

FlicketyB Sun 09-Feb-14 20:15:35

No

Soutra Sun 09-Feb-14 19:51:56

My mother used to have a tiny wooden buddha. Rubbing his tummy was supposed to bring good luck confused

feetlebaum Sun 09-Feb-14 19:37:23

Gambler's maxim: 'Luck doesn't exist; time does'.

Granny23 Sun 09-Feb-14 19:37:03

I have quite a collection of penguins from big fluffy ones to brooches. Don't know if they bring me luck but I just feel better, sort of reassured, if there is a penguin in the room. smile

annodomini Sun 09-Feb-14 19:30:47

I don't think it has brought me luck or otherwise but I do have a very small jade Chinese dragon bought in the jade market in Hong Kong. I was born in the year of the dragon which is supposed to be the most auspicious sign in the Chinese zodiac. Superstitious? What, me?

tanith Sun 09-Feb-14 18:19:46

No can't say I have either.

bikergran Sun 09-Feb-14 18:17:23

I havn't! I used to have a soapstone fish that was supposed to bring you wealth lol but!!! 24 yrs on I'm still waiting hmm