Gransnet forums

AIBU

Rant about the Idiot again - sorry!!

(37 Posts)
kittylester Mon 28-Jul-14 19:32:21

I just need to get this off my chest before I explode. No-one needs to post an answer - I won't be offended, but I REALLY need to vent!!

The Idiot hadn't seen his and DD3's children for 3 weeks up to last Friday night as he was busy, hung over from a stag do and at the wedding. DD has a birthday this week and went down to stay with DD2 for a girly weekend leaving the children with the Idiot. Like some separated fathers do, he does anything for a quiet life - his Mum's, MacDonalds etc.

So they came back this morning and have been horrendous - demanding, whining etc etc. It is so unfair on DD who has days when she really struggles anyway and for them to come back on a whinging high really makes my blood boil! I realise it happens a lot but the children are 30 months and 16 months and can't understand what is going on. And all because he wanted out when she couldn't cope! angryangry

The latest thing he has come up with is that he may need to work away for 10 weekends on the trot!

Sorry all, I feel a lot better for that. As you were!

Grannyknot Tue 29-Jul-14 15:17:49

Sorry for everyone who have to deal with idiot partners of their children (or in their own relationships for that matter). Don't you sometimes just wish you could do away with all the game playing - "the process" and cut to the chase? grin It would make life so much easier.

ninathenana Tue 29-Jul-14 15:03:04

Sorry to steal your thread kitty but a final update on our families idiot. HE'S GONE ! he moved out, handed over keys yesterday, taking white goods, sofa etc. He even took half the pots, pans and cutlery. DD says she doesn't care at least he won't be near her grin. He's gone to visit his parents in Germany until Sunday taking the youngest with him. He couldn't take the other one as passport has expired.
As for not working, he starts new job on Tuesday.

Lona Tue 29-Jul-14 13:53:00

glam It's kitty's idiot that is away for 10 weeks not nina's

glammanana Tue 29-Jul-14 12:04:25

nina what happened to the idiot giving up his job,that scenario didn't last long did it if he is going to work away for 10 weeks.hmm
Kiora your DDs mistakes sound very much like my DDs she does tend to go for the needy of the male species then realises her mistake too late.

Elegran Tue 29-Jul-14 11:37:16

Make a note of that too, kittlester, with dates ! He really is digging himself a great big hole.

kittylester Tue 29-Jul-14 11:30:29

Bagsy my idiot first. he has just surpassed himself by cancelling DD's phone because she sent him an upsetting text! This is the phone on all her cards and the website for the new business! It's no wonder she is depressed! angry

Anne58 Tue 29-Jul-14 10:55:39

Oooh, we'll all be going to hell in a handcart! shock

sunseeker Tue 29-Jul-14 10:52:39

Perhaps we should all chant Pheonix's spell curse at the same time aimed at whichever idiot is currently annoying us - how about 3.00 p.m. this afternoon tbgrin

Lona Tue 29-Jul-14 10:51:24

I've just put it privately on fb for my dd and she loves it! grin

Kiora Tue 29-Jul-14 09:50:45

phoenix can I please use this on my daughters two exes (yes she made the same mistake twice) but just to give you all a bit of hope. After 18+ years she's seems to have seen sense and is managing very well on her own with her two boys. Fingers crossed there isn't another looser waiting in the wings.

Galen Tue 29-Jul-14 09:31:46

cursor curser for hire.

NfkDumpling Tue 29-Jul-14 08:47:11

I was thinking that Mishap!

Mishap Tue 29-Jul-14 08:29:58

*Phoenix" - I see a niche in the market for your new business!!!

annodomini Tue 29-Jul-14 08:23:02

Wish I'd had that spell when my idiot left me! Mind you, he too already had piles. tbgrin

Lona Tue 29-Jul-14 07:56:36

I thought my family idiot was a gonner last weekend but he grovelled, and so it's back to the waiting game.
The relationship is doomed, so I can wait, and my dd has just started a great new job, which means she travels around and stays away a lot!

phoenix I shall be learning your ditty to chant under my breath grin

Purpledaffodil Tue 29-Jul-14 07:06:49

DD's ex lives abroad which is where she met him, damned long haul air travel. He never remembers DGS's birthday or even Christmas. BUT he has recently had a tattoo done of him on his arm. It is a very bad tattoo in which DGS looks rather like a clown. I rather hope it gives him extreme blood poisoning. Come on Phoenix, do your best! grin

mcem Mon 28-Jul-14 23:29:47

Please may I borrow your spell as a gift for DD2's idiot ex. He so deserves it!
Same story -lazy beggar hands them to his mother to be fed OR of course McD's. Takes a full day for behaviour to return to reasonable after visiting. Nasty remarks planted so that they in all innocence will pass them on! The saving grace is that his baleful influenced is curtailed and DD2 is well on the road to recovery.

ninathenana Mon 28-Jul-14 23:17:08

grin LOL thanks phoenix I have forwarded that to DD

harrigran Mon 28-Jul-14 23:15:49

Good one phoenix grin
A plague of carbuncles upon him kitty.

Nelliemoser Mon 28-Jul-14 22:35:37

Phoenix shock gringringrin

Anne58 Mon 28-Jul-14 22:15:00

Double hubble, toil and trouble,
Make his botty boil and bubble

Make his piles and scrotum itch
Give his eye a nasty twitch

Make his skin erupt and ooze
Make him allergic to all booze

Give him herpes, give him sores
Whenever he goes out of doors

Wish all foul things fall from above,
For hurting you and those you love.

Sorry, I'm clean out of eye of newt.

ninathenana Mon 28-Jul-14 21:05:51

Me too phoenix please.
You have such a way with words grin

kitty about that contract you suggested........... wink

rosequartz Mon 28-Jul-14 20:54:10

phoenix, may call on your services wink

rosequartz Mon 28-Jul-14 20:52:28

They are still babies - MacDonald's ? shock

Just as well he is away for a while, jolly good thing I would say. And he really needs to be told not to bad-mouth his children's mother, they are very vulnerable and will take it all in as they are not old enough to be discerning. What about his mother, or is she just as bad? Do you speak to her, could you ask her to have a word with her prat of a son and ask him not to say nasty things to the children about their mother, whatever he might be thinking. From what you have said, he really is an immature, well words fail me

Elegran Mon 28-Jul-14 20:27:18

I hope your daughter is keeping a detailed note of all the times he renegs on his promises or makes a cod of his time with the children.