Gransnet forums

AIBU

daughters lack of confidence in us

(56 Posts)
suebailey1 Thu 07-Aug-14 10:33:02

Not really had much of this except youngest daughter was horrified when I let her 18 month old have honey on some bread and butter ' not until he's 2 Mum!' she cried in horrified tones. He now at age 10 eats all his food covered in gloopy sugary sauces!!!
Neither of my daughters are at all encumbered by anything I have ever said.smile

gillybob Thu 07-Aug-14 10:27:03

I can honestly say that having looked after my three DGC 2 days a week from them being just a few weeks old I have never received any list or set of instructions on how to look after them. The occasional concerned text maybe if one of them has been under the weather, but nothing more. The difference might be that my son and DiL rely on me to have the children so they can work on those days plus the occasional night out, so perhaps they have thought that if they bombard me with instructions I might decide not to have them afterall. Or maybe they just trust that I will make the right decision as to the care of my grandchildren? My DiL is very laid back and never stresses over anything unless it has 4 legs, neighs and eats oats grin

I can understand you being miserable about this silverlining48 you must feel like pointing out that to be a grandma you are also a mother . Sorry can't offer any useful advice but I do hope someone comes along soon with some experience of this. smile

GrannyTwice Thu 07-Aug-14 10:22:14

Sorry - just seen it says daughter in the title.

GrannyTwice Thu 07-Aug-14 10:20:48

How old are the dgc? Are you talking about one or more of your dc and is it/ are they ddil or dd?

Mishap Thu 07-Aug-14 10:20:46

One of my DDs does this, the others do not. I just go with the flow and provide reassurances. I try not to take it personally! Last time I cared for GC I was asked to make sure I provided drinks of water!

Do not fret - some mums are like this - I am sure it is not a reflection on your competence!

silverlining48 Thu 07-Aug-14 09:59:13

does anyone else get lists of instructions lists, texts and phone calls every time they look after their grandchildren to check that all is well. Nothing untoward has ever happened and this constant supervision is making us miserable. We love seeing our grandchildren, and have spent lots of happy times together. None of my friends have this experience Any advice?