Gransnet forums

AIBU

To wish ATOS would leave me alone

(140 Posts)
vampirequeen Tue 26-Aug-14 21:03:40

I've had yet another invitation summons to attend a 'prove you're ill' inquisition.

I phoned them but became ill on the phone so my DH spoke to them. Although it was obvious that I was relapsing rapidly during the conversation they said I would still have to attend. My GP has faxed them saying that I am not capable of attending and that if they wanted to question me they'd have to visit me at home. Now we have to wait to see what they decide. Will they come to torture me in my own home or will they, like last time, leave me alone for a few more months?

Whatever they decide they've caused a relapse. Thanks ATOS.

Galen Tue 11-Nov-14 15:43:45

I couldn't get through to these Americans either. Mind you they were all wealthy lawyers. The ladies diamonds made my pearls log cheap. Rings with stones that must have been at least half the size of a normal marble with earrings and bracelets etc. they were delightful people though. Very witty and charming but very shortsighted about Obamacare.

durhamjen Tue 11-Nov-14 20:31:43

This is the problem with the NHS. Nobody knows who is in charge, and nobody actually wants to be in charge.

www.politics.co.uk/news/2014/11/10/it-s-official-no-one-knows-who-is-in-charge-of-the-nhs

Elegran Tue 11-Nov-14 21:01:06

It looks as though it is Simon Stevens.

www.england.nhs.uk/tag/simon-stevens/

POGS Tue 11-Nov-14 21:57:47

I have watched quite a few interviews with Simon Stevens and he would appear at first glance to be a decent kind of person.

I like the way he has tried to not allow partisan politics and spin to cloud his decision making, or so it would seem thus far. There is no room for that if he is to be taken seriously.

I wish him well, he sure will need it.

durhamjen Tue 11-Nov-14 23:00:18

Simon Stevens is in charge of NHS England. That is not the NHS as a whole. There are lots of other groups which oversee NHS England, such as Monitor and the CQC, with different people in charge of them.
All the people in charge of different aspects of the NHS seem to have been brought in from private companies, not from the NHS itself.

durhamjen Tue 11-Nov-14 23:17:15

A bill is going through Parliament at the moment to make the Secretary of State more responsible for the NHS. It will also alter the responsibilities of Monitor, and remove the NHS from the TTIP.
It would be good if all MPs supported it. The second reading is on 21st November.

durhamjen Tue 11-Nov-14 23:25:30

This is what the NHA thinks of Simon Stevens latest 5 year plan.

nhap.org/reaction-to-simon-stevens-nhs-report-unrealistic-and-will-fall-on-deaf-ears/

It's strange that he says that the NHS can save £22 billion while at the same time saying there is an £8 billion gap to be filled.
Tonight Norman Lamb says that the NHS needs another £1.5 billion soon otherwise it will fall apart, but Osborne says he's given it more money.

Nobody knows the full story about NHS finances. Surely someone should be able to tell us the truth.

durhamjen Sat 06-Dec-14 14:20:29

Anyone on DLA who has to be moved to PIP should be worried about this.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2954-untrained-staff-being-drafted-in-for-pip-decision-making

durhamjen Sat 06-Dec-14 14:32:36

And you will not get legal aid if they get it wrong.

https://blogs.citizensadvice.org.uk/blog/mps-hear-the-impact-of-legal-aid-reforms-on-society-and-citizens-advice/

Iam64 Sat 06-Dec-14 17:16:44

Does anyone get legal aid these days….

durhamjen Sun 07-Dec-14 23:00:36

Alex Cameron argued lawyers were not willing to work on slashed rates
Said defendants who couldn't afford a lawyer were unable to get a fair trial
Judge backs the PM's brother - leaving the government's reforms in limbo

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2617829/David-Camerons-legal-aid-cuts-thrown-chaos-Prime-Ministers-brother-wins-court-case-against-them.html#ixzz3LFkhKf9b
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Some should get legal aid, but not many.
Just putting this on here because Ana told me to.

Ana Sun 07-Dec-14 23:02:45

Sigh...

durhamjen Sun 07-Dec-14 23:04:49

This is actually a proper political thread.
Legal aid is important to some people. Hopefully you or your family will not need it, ever.

Ana Sun 07-Dec-14 23:09:55

How do you know I/we haven't already?

You know nothing about me or my family durhamjen. You're just making assumptions again.