Gransnet forums

AIBU

When I could not get out to vote I felt old and done

(11 Posts)
Daisymoonstar Mon 22-Sep-14 21:04:35

The voting station is at the end of our drive and the walk is impossible. I am 74 and until finding wwwthesilverline.org.uk today I had no hope"so here goes" thankyouu

Smileless2012 Mon 22-Sep-14 21:47:03

Oh don't feel 'old and done' Daisymoonstar. I bet there are plenty of 74 year old's who don't know how to use computers and the internet. I'm in my early 50's and often struggle with the technologygrin.

I don't go on face book and rarely email, in fact before I started coming on Gransnet, discovered for me by my dear husband, I'd never accessed the internet before.

Ariadne Mon 22-Sep-14 21:48:07

Is that different forum?

Ariadne Mon 22-Sep-14 21:53:40

Sorry, that came put wrong! I just wondered why you mentioned silver line, daisy!

But don't be lonely, there are lots of us here on Gransnet to talk to about almost everything. So welcome. smile

Soutra Mon 22-Sep-14 22:01:21

Someone should have organised a postal vote for you, but the feeling that something others take for granted is impossible for you is a depressing one. Try not to let it get to you though.

kittylester Tue 23-Sep-14 06:39:31

Isn't Silverline the thing started by Esther Rantzen? I don't think it has a forum.

I agree Soutra.

Cressida Tue 23-Sep-14 10:10:55

If you click a link to 'forums' on the Silverline site it brings you to Gransnet.

HollyDaze Tue 23-Sep-14 17:56:31

If you click a link to 'forums' on the Silverline site it brings you to Gransnet.

Yes, that's how I found this site.

HollyDaze Tue 23-Sep-14 17:59:45

Hello Daisymoonstar - I hope your feeling of 'old and done' has lessened a little at least. It can be frustrating can't it not to be able to do the things we once could.

We all post here for our own personal reasons and those reasons will be varied - so I hope you enjoy posting here and make some new friends.

susieb755 Tue 23-Sep-14 22:27:36

Hello daisymoonstar , you'll find us friendly, if a wee bit argumentative at times - just like real life !

Anya Tue 23-Sep-14 23:14:42

Don't think she's coming back.