Gransnet forums

AIBU

Or rather, am I being over-sensitive?

(53 Posts)
jellybeanjean Wed 25-Feb-15 23:55:59

A month or so ago, I had to see a medical practitioner regarding a very personal physical problem with which I've had for a few years now. This lady seemed very nice, very friendly; she'd been a midwife for years and seemed to understand the problems I had (basically, the after effects of big babies!) She examined me (the usual, on the side with knees drawn up, we've all been there, yes?) and then she half slapped/half patted me on the bottom before telling me to get dressed. It didn't hurt, but I felt stupid, exposed and completely humiliated. I've tried to put it out of my mind, but I'm due to see her again in a couple of weeks and am dreading it. Am I being over-sensitive?

Falconbird Sat 07-Mar-15 17:10:58

Stansgran - your MIL sounds like my mother. She used to tell me this sort of thing very loudly whenever we went out anywhere. She could silence a whole restaurant with her stories. I used to feel so embarrassed. blush

Deedaa Sat 07-Mar-15 21:26:05

Before I had my first baby the Health visitor taking our ante natal classes told us she had never had a baby and had no idea what it felt like. So helpful!