Gransnet forums

AIBU

Or rather, am I being over-sensitive?

(52 Posts)
Marmight Thu 26-Feb-15 00:10:06

Perhaps it was her (rather strange) way of putting you at ease at the end of an intimate examination. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it happens again and you feel the same, perhaps tell her that it makes you feel uncomfortable? She may well have patted you on the shoulder or back in the same way after any other consultation.

jellybeanjean Wed 25-Feb-15 23:55:59

A month or so ago, I had to see a medical practitioner regarding a very personal physical problem with which I've had for a few years now. This lady seemed very nice, very friendly; she'd been a midwife for years and seemed to understand the problems I had (basically, the after effects of big babies!) She examined me (the usual, on the side with knees drawn up, we've all been there, yes?) and then she half slapped/half patted me on the bottom before telling me to get dressed. It didn't hurt, but I felt stupid, exposed and completely humiliated. I've tried to put it out of my mind, but I'm due to see her again in a couple of weeks and am dreading it. Am I being over-sensitive?