Gransnet forums

AIBU

...to want to watch tennis rather than listen to people nattering

(12 Posts)
Mishap Tue 30-Jun-15 21:32:58

Oh how frustrating "Wimbledon 2Day" is - we get a few flashes of the tennis as it has been played during the day, then lots of facile comment, emails from viewers, even videos of people's children playing tennis. I have not been able to watch the tennis today (or should that be 2day?) as I have been caring for GD, and I was looking forward to catching up. angry

Soutra Tue 30-Jun-15 22:04:43

Don't like the format of this programme at all. Didn 't it used to be "Today at Wimbledon" with Sue and co?
Shan't be watching it sad tennis

merlotgran Tue 30-Jun-15 22:40:14

Everything is dumbed down to the dumbest these days. It drives me mad as well.

Jomarie Tue 30-Jun-15 23:29:32

Agree with you all. if I want mindless chat I will connect to Gransnet (only joking).... grin

merlotgran Tue 30-Jun-15 23:43:07

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3144935/Tennis-fans-slam-BBC-s-new-dumbed-Wimbledon-coverage-Claire-Balding-took-John-Inverdale-liken-spoof-mockumentary-series-W1A.html

I like Claire Balding but she's all wrong for Wimbledon.

Jomarie Tue 30-Jun-15 23:57:00

I agree - she's a great girl but she needs to get a bit picky about what she does now otherwise it could all come tumbling down. I think she will sort it out for herself as she ain't stupid and has a very clever partner too.

grannyonce Wed 01-Jul-15 06:48:30

aaargh - thought it was just me ranting at the screen re '2day' (did not realise that is the new name for what is a 'national treasure' program )
Clare Balding is becoming a bit ubiquitous and is presenting sports about which she is not an expert (although she is good at her job)
Martina, Boris and the American woman ex-player were given much more airtime with their expertise - or am I being picky.
and the '2' picked out in yellow tennis balls everytime they do a replay - just why
found myself getting bored with the whole thing - which is very unlike me grin

grannyonce Wed 01-Jul-15 06:54:45

and surely the 'gatsby lounge' hmm should be a bit more sophisticated with its clientale.

grannyonce Wed 01-Jul-15 07:06:10

sorry 'gatsby club' blush

HildaW Wed 01-Jul-15 14:36:39

I am finding the lingering shots of the spectators....for no apparent reason....on a face, someone's hands etc. They are very close up and almost intrusive to the person concerned. Even if its a so-called-celebrity , I am not sure I see the point.

rosesarered Wed 01-Jul-15 15:32:32

I agree Hilda, I think it is def an intrusion to linger on members of the public rather than just pan the camera on e crowd in general.

rosesarered Wed 01-Jul-15 15:32:55

The crowd!