Gransnet forums

AIBU

Walked out of Frankie and Bennys

(18 Posts)
Treebee Mon 28-Dec-15 19:21:53

In support of Frankie and Benny's, my GD had her birthday party there in November and they couldn't do enough for us. She loves their children's dessert that comes on a tray with ice cream and pots of marshmallows, popping candy, smarties , sauce etc. She asked for brownies too and they came as extra on all 4 children's trays free of charge.

rosesarered Mon 28-Dec-15 18:57:54

Welcome Frazzleddil ?

rosesarered Mon 28-Dec-15 18:56:43

????????????????

rosesarered Mon 28-Dec-15 18:55:55

Never been in one, but our DC tell us that it's awful and everyone they know had bad experiences there!

Maggiemaybe Mon 28-Dec-15 16:38:46

Oh yuck. We walked out of our local Frankie and Benny's a while back because nobody came to take our order. Now I'm thinking we had a lucky escape! grin

frazzleddil Mon 28-Dec-15 16:13:24

Board hopping from mn, I'm not a gran but love this place!

I used to waitress at f&b's and some of the things I could tell you...
I have not set foot in that place since I left.

Deedaa Thu 03-Dec-15 22:40:07

That is interesting Indinana I've often wondered about the pink colour round the leg bones, although the meat has always seemed cooked and noe of us have ever been ill. I shall know what's happening now. On the whole I rely on my thermometer.

WilmaKnickersfit Thu 03-Dec-15 12:43:23

Indinana I have learned something new today after reading that article. I've been veggie for yonks, but I still cook meat or poultry occasionally for visitors who won't appreciate being served veggie food.

I don't have a food thermometer, but might get one now because I could have done with one a couple of times recently. That said, I wouldn't trust a restaurant enough to be sure why a chicken dish looks undercooked.

To be safe I think I would contact EHD - and use the voucher at a different Frankie and Benny's grin

loopylou Thu 03-Dec-15 12:25:01

I won't eat chicken at any food outlet like MacDonald's because of a revolting experience with chicken involving ominous looking bumps tchenvy

Makes me feel sick remembering it.

Lona Thu 03-Dec-15 11:55:46

That is very interesting Indinana, I hope it's true!

Indinana Thu 03-Dec-15 10:16:38

My sister used to manage a catering outlet, serving hot meals. She has told me about incidences of chicken being pink, red or even bleeding, and customers complaining. She contacted the EHO herself for clarification and it seems this does not necessarily indicate undercooked chicken. I don't remember all the details, so I googled it and found this very interesting article.
I do think the manager's explanation that you'd cut into a vein was ridiculous, though, and I wouldn't have much confidence in their understanding of how to ensure chicken is properly cooked.

Teetime Wed 02-Dec-15 17:43:51

I would phone the local environmental Health Office before they kill someone.

loopylou Wed 02-Dec-15 14:34:02

Ugh!
That's really stomach churning.
Definitely somewhere to avoid for me, salmonella on a plate, totally unacceptable tchangry

gettingonabit Wed 02-Dec-15 14:09:04

I'm normally quite robust about this sort of thing, but bleeding chicken? No way were you being U!
Ugh..

Katek Wed 02-Dec-15 14:04:29

My stomach is churning....it's things like this that make me glad I'm veggie. I wouldn't be using the voucher either unless it was pizza and chips.

HildaW Wed 02-Dec-15 13:48:13

Enough to put you off chicken for ever....cut a vein.....!!! Where do I start??? Its supposed to be a dead chicken that's cooked.......if it still had veins that could bleed - then its not even dead!!

Lapwing Wed 02-Dec-15 13:40:23

You are not being unreasonable. I think that you should contact the public health department of your local council. Undercooked chicken is very dangerous.

Sadiesnan Wed 02-Dec-15 13:36:01

I ordered Chicken and chips. When I cut into the chicken I could see a puddle of blood. We found the waitress who called the duty manager. The duty manager took my plate away to have a look. When she came back she told me that I'd cut into a vein and that's where the blood came from, but the meat was fully cooked.

It was at this point that I walked out. I have complained and been sent a £25 voucher but I'm not sure I want to use it.