Gransnet forums

AIBU

Woolovers!

(20 Posts)
J52 Fri 11-Dec-15 13:48:39

I have used Woolovers for several years, with no problems. At the end of November I ordered a Christmas present on line. The site was very slow, but eventually I got to pay using PayPal.
Despite getting promotional emails every day, I did not get any confirmation of my order. The payment went out immediately from my PP account.

Today I rang their customer services to enquire. No there was no record of my order and yes they had the money since Nov. 30 th!

The young lady tried to blame PP, but how can they just take money attached to no order? They know my address and email, but did not bother to question why they had my money! Soon want to use both when trying to get me to buy!!

I cancelled any further dealings with them. However, it makes me concerned about others. How often does this happen? What if I had sent it straight to the recipient. How would I know it had not arrived. Could have caused embarrassment!

Xangry

annodomini Fri 11-Dec-15 14:19:59

This hasn't happened to me - yet. My last order came within two days and an order I placed two days ago is now marked as despatched. I expect to see it either tomorrow or Monday. I hope that your experience was a rare blip because I have hitherto appreciated their service and I love their range of styles and colours.

TriciaF Fri 11-Dec-15 15:34:42

I'm rather disappointed with them too, but for a different reason.
Last year I bough 2 jumpers from them, very good price for pure wool (less than 40€.) Then this Sept. I bought a cashmere and merino jumper for 58€ plus postage. I like it so looked to buy another in a different colour. Lo and behold, they're on offer, reduced to 64€!
I wonder if last year they were trying to draw customers in with low prices, now getting real? Or maybe another company has taken them over?

J52 Fri 11-Dec-15 15:52:00

I too wondered if something strategic had changed.

Every day I get emails with 'offers'. ( no more after today!) . This is similar to Thorntons, I made some Christmas purchases from them last year. Now they are in daily communication. I heard they were in trouble, so probably are desperate.

Unfortunately this bombardment puts me off.

x

kittylester Fri 11-Dec-15 15:59:50

Oh dear, I just bought DH a jumper! Why is it that all the good companies get taken over and spoilt! sad

M0nica Fri 11-Dec-15 16:15:27

I bought my first sweater from Wooovers this Autumn and I am delighted with it. Service was quick and efficient and the sweater arrived quickly.

I think in the current retail climate companies have to be very fast responders to what the competition is charging, especially companies like Woolover who, I think, sell mainly online. If a competitor last year was doing deep cuts, Woolover would ahve to match them or lose business. Possibly this isn't happening this year. There may also be increases in raw material prices.

As far as I am concerned I am delighted with my sweater, the service and the price was not unreasonable for a quality product.

loopylou Fri 11-Dec-15 16:19:49

I've not had any problems at all, I love their cardigans.
I did unsubscribe to emails because they were irritating me but I still intend to buy from them

Luckygirl Fri 11-Dec-15 16:45:19

We have selected the option with PP that they do not pay until goods are received.

Alea Fri 11-Dec-15 17:45:38

I thought their prices had gone up a fair bit too, but as they have been very reasonably priced, I shouldn't complain really. I always pay by card rather than PayPal as there seem to have been a few PP scams recently.
I do find their customer services very helpful whenever I have had to call them.

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 11-Dec-15 18:00:07

My son always tells me I shouldn't use PayPal. Don't know why though. I've had no trouble so far.

Woolovers are a bit frumpy.

annodomini Fri 11-Dec-15 18:18:58

The prices have risen but I found just what I wanted in the right colour in the outlet section. I'll be well kitted out for Christmas now.

J52 Fri 11-Dec-15 18:43:58

It was not the safety of PP that concerned me, I think the same issue would have arisen with a card payment.

I filled in the order, as required, made the payment, but Woolovers did not register the order, however they did take the money.

I don't know how they could do this without the order information.

The money must have been on their accounting system and how come it was not matched with an item?

X

Charleygirl Fri 11-Dec-15 18:51:00

I bought 3 items from them last year during the sales and I was very pleased but less so with the daily emails and I also get booklets sent frequently. This does put me off- I will order when I think I need/want something.

M0nica Fri 11-Dec-15 20:11:41

Your problem is certainly worrying J52 and Woolover have some explaining to do, but I doubt there is any business anywhere that doesn't occasionally make an inexplicable and indefensible mess of an order.

I always take a print out of the order screen with the order number on it. I also check that I get a confirmatory email within 24 hours. If not I chase the company up.

I always tick/untick the box to state that I do not want follow up mailings etc. I did that with Woolovers and have received no communications from them since buying my sweater a month ago.

Ana Fri 11-Dec-15 20:14:15

And you can always 'unsubscribe' to unwanted emails and promotion offers from websites you use. It really is easy to do!

rosequartz Fri 11-Dec-15 20:14:43

Woolovers are a bit frumpy
I must have a look, they may suit my style tchgrin

M0nica Fri 11-Dec-15 20:45:32

I just felt they did good basic sweaters in a good range of colours. I wanted a polo neck sweater to go under a tunic. Is that frumpy?

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 11-Dec-15 20:57:57

Maybe not, but it would be itchy round your neck.

Alea Sat 12-Dec-15 07:19:14

Their silk/cotton range and cashmere/merino range are not itchy and IMHO far from frumpy!!

kittylester Sat 12-Dec-15 08:03:45

I agree with you Alea. I've got a grey long jumper that my DD steals borrows and some slouchy v necks that are great.