Gransnet forums

AIBU

Susan Sarandon and Syrian Refugees

(83 Posts)
rosequartz Fri 18-Dec-15 19:46:25

www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/susan-sarandon-greece-refugees_56740c50e4b014efe0d50c45

hmm not sure how I feel about this which was posted by a lady who runs a small charity helping the refugees. On the one hand is it good publicity about the plight of the refugees and how much help they need?
On the other hand is it a Hollywood actress going out there and 'virtue signalling' (as they say)?

If she goes home and tells her compratiots that they need to take more refugees into their rich country that could be a good thing.
However, Greece (and Turkey) is really struggling to help the refugees.

I think that it's all the unsung heroes and heroines who are helping who deserve our applause, not a Hollywood film star who flies in and out with a film crew.

Or AIBU?

durhamjen Tue 22-Dec-15 23:30:59

Spent many times at Symond's Yat, and Tintern Abbey.
Are they the frackable side, or not?

Luckylegs9 Sat 06-Feb-16 06:52:08

I wonder how many she will take into one of her homes and how she is personally funding them. Not got any time for her anymore, she looked just awful in her black bra and white jacket so we could all see her magnificent breasts, she should use some of her cash to buy a t shirt.

Anniebach Sat 06-Feb-16 08:45:52

I am far more interested in what a person does or say than what they wear

Jane10 Sat 06-Feb-16 09:52:27

Absolutely Anniebach!

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 06-Feb-16 16:19:11

Merlin (BBC1 a few years back) was filmed in Puzzlewood. Strange place it is. Can't say I like it too much. Bit oppressive.

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 06-Feb-16 16:20:50

I love the Wye Valley. Take GSs there every summer. I actually went in a canoe a couple of years back.

Stansgran Sat 06-Feb-16 17:22:09

Turkey seems to manufacture inflatable boats. I've been wondering how they could stop all these awful drownings if they could stop exporting them to turkey and they manufacture them. I've wondered where the life jackets have come from. It was the mention of he canoe that made me post this. Didn't mean to wander.