Gransnet forums

AIBU

To be totally cheesed off with Ocado?

(30 Posts)
DaphneBroon Sat 03-Sep-16 20:13:36

AIBU to be screaming at Ocado because far from there being "no substitutions", HALF the order(all of the 'cupboard ' order) was NOT on the van.

DD has been with us for the last week because SIL is in New York, and before that they were on holiday in France for three weeks. I drove DD and DGS back home today having suggested she might like me to put in an Ocado order to refill the fridge and the cupboards until SIL gets home tomorrow afternoon. She is also due to turn up to work to work tomorrow at the Barbican as she has a production opening on Thursday. When the van arrived at 5.30, half her order was MISSING!
Customer services are supposed to be pursuing this, but I am still speechless that I can receive assurances that everything was apparently there UNTIL THE POINT OF DELIVERY.
I honestly wish I had just taken a trip to Waitrose and stocked up there. She has rung me to say that she now has NOTHING for breakfast as of course she is stuck in the house with a tiny baby and we had been relying on a shopping delivery to refill her fridge and cupboards.
Apparently there are no delivery slots before Monday. Well given that she is well within the M25 I would have thought a manager might have got in his car and fulfilled this order and suggested accordingly grin
This is appalling service and as a regular customer of many years, I shall seriously review my Smart Pass membership. Waitrose Deliver have never let me down.
Yes I have been offered a voucher towards my next order, but you can't eat a voucher for breakfast and when you are breastfeeding that is a major issue.
angryangry

Deedaa Sun 04-Sep-16 21:15:32

Reminds me of the Golden Wedding present I sent to my in laws. It never arrived and I heard from DD that my MIL was muttering about how even my DS had remembered to send them something. This was particularly annoying as, of course, DS hadn't remembered at all and his present had come from DD. Some weeks later, after I had received compensation from the GPO, the present turned up. It had been wrongly delivered to a neighbour. The neighbour was on holiday and it had been taken in by a friend who didn't notice the name was wrong. I think MIL eventually decided it wasn't my fault.

annsixty Sun 04-Sep-16 14:03:06

My D once got part of someone else's order from Tesco. She rang and was told to just keep and use it as it couldn't be picked up and would be wasted.

merlotgran Sun 04-Sep-16 13:09:29

Tesco often deliver here by mistake because the cottages half a mile down the road have the same postcode.

Caused mayhem one Friday afternoon when DGS thought it was for them and started unpacking it - their's was due an hour later but he didn't know that. I think he was munching his way through a large pizza when the very irate lady who had been twiddling her thumbs waiting for her shopping came roaring into our driveway.

Fortunately, the laziness of teenage boys came up trumps so apart from the stuff that needed to go in the freezer (I'm amazed he thought of that) he left the rest of it in the back porch with the tops of the bags still tied up.grin

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 04-Sep-16 12:39:41

I think we should hold out for three months' supply of Pampers.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 04-Sep-16 12:38:50

Yes. It could well have been delivered elsewhere. On two occasions I have received items from someone else's order! Reported it to them but never heard if they actually did anything.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 04-Sep-16 12:36:46

Yes. I think compensation is due. I understand the point about relying on an order once it has been placed. Especially with a company such as Ocado.

DaphneBroon Sun 04-Sep-16 12:34:21

Thank you elegran and jingl ! You both seem to understand that if you are relying on a service, you don't necessarily provide your own back up. merlot by the time the order was die (5.30-6.30) , DGS was due his bath and DD was ready to feed him - like most babies, he does best with a routine, so to get him dressed up for out and into the pram/car, drive to the shops, take him round etc etc would have put everything back easily by an hour and you can imagine the night that would have followed. You must remember how tied you are with a 16 week old baby?
But my point was the being let down, compounded by the fact that it was MY suggestion with my assurance that they are always punctual and reliable.
I am persevering with both an explanation for the shambles and some sort of compensation - even a bunch of flowers/box of chocs/bottle of wine would be a gesture smile
I also wonder who got her shopping and has kept quiet about it? hmm

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 04-Sep-16 10:49:07

I have emailed Ocado directing them to this thread. Seems the fair thing to do all round.

I am very happy with Ocado.

merlotgran Sun 04-Sep-16 10:18:34

Why was she stuck in the house?

If the delivery was at 5.30pm on a Saturday evening wouldn't there still be time to go out and get a few things, taking the baby with her?

I'd be jolly cross as well though.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 04-Sep-16 10:14:00

Elegran that 'contact us' would link it to the sender's own account. Their email address is [email protected].

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 04-Sep-16 10:12:07

I think Ocado should be given the chance to read the thread and put things right in a practical way, and offer a better apology.

annsixty Sun 04-Sep-16 09:57:58

I certainly wasnt saying D wasn't right, perhaps just saying we rely on services/other people too much and they are fallible.

Elegran Sun 04-Sep-16 09:56:47

At this URL www.ocado.com/webshop/getContactUs.do?contactUs=true

But Daphne should do it - she can pinpoint the delivery address - we can't.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 04-Sep-16 09:52:21

I wonder if that someone would need the permission of HQ. She would definitely need the permission of DaphneBroon.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 04-Sep-16 09:51:03

I think someone should contact Customer Services at Ocado and direct them to this thread.

Elegran Sun 04-Sep-16 09:40:44

The point is that having ordered the online delivery she was RELYING on getting essentials delivered. They have been negligent in losing half the order, and they should be pulling out all the stops to replace the stuff, not bleating that there is no delivery slot available. They HAD a delivery slot and blew it, now they should be creating another one PDQ.

What if the order had been for someone coming out of hospital and completely housebound, who could hardly walk as far as the front door? Would they still say "No delivery slots to replace the missing stuff" ? You keep stirring it, DB

DaphneBroon Sun 04-Sep-16 08:52:58

Of course it is a 21st century problem annsixty!smile but when you trade as an online grocery company, your reputation stands or falls on two things- quality and reliability.
Elainel of course we could have got stuff elsewhere, but when a baby has had a 11/2 hour motorway journey it isn't all that practical,to make him wait while somebody treks round a supermarket is it? Hence the convenience of ordering ahead. I can't be the only person who has ever booked a delivery of shopping to arrive after they have been away for four weeks?
As for popping out first thing this morning, even in London not a lot of shops are up and running on a Sunday at the silly o clock DGS calls waking up time.
No I fear it will have to be the pasta for breakfast!

annsixty Sun 04-Sep-16 06:07:10

Can't help feeling this is a 21st century problem, relying on delivery when we would have walked to the shop with the coach built pram, but also a 21st century solution with shops open 24 hours and not living in "the back of beyond".

ElaineI Sun 04-Sep-16 01:55:56

Might have to eat a "different" breakfast from what has arrived! I would have got basics on the way back with her probably and not rely on a delivery though we are lucky to have cooperative, Tesco, Sainsbury and Asda close by as well as local shops. Frustrating though!

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 03-Sep-16 22:51:54

It might have to be a bowl of pasta. Or a curry.

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 03-Sep-16 22:50:35

Deliveroo !

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 03-Sep-16 22:47:40

Do those food couriers on bicycles deliver breakfasts? Think they are called Kangaroo, or something.

merlotgran Sat 03-Sep-16 22:46:25

If there is no store cupboard food what about something from the fridge or freezer?

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 03-Sep-16 22:38:13

Does she have a buggy for the baby? Or a car seat?

Ana Sat 03-Sep-16 22:34:21

Yes, surely she can buy something for breakfast locally?