Gransnet forums

AIBU

to put crumbs...

(54 Posts)
thatbags Fri 23-Sep-16 09:57:12

...that I pick up off the kitchen floor and stairs, that Minibags has dropped in her cold sausage roll breakfast wanderings, on her pillow every time I find some? I have asked a few million times to use a plate.

Lewlew Tue 27-Sep-16 20:31:52

'If it's on the floor,
or dangling from a hand
at my height...
it's mine...all MINE'

inishowen Tue 27-Sep-16 08:13:38

DH has a study which is full of papers, computers, printers, and books. His stuff migrates to the kitchen when he needs space to sort things. After a day or two I take it back and put it on his desk. He then accuses me of burying important papers! He's a very clever man, who has too many things going on. He's about to start a degree and I'm urging him to tidy out the study before he starts. If only ....

Madmeg Tue 27-Sep-16 01:17:48

Wow, and I thought it was only me who had all these issues with my OH. I tidied and cleaned the kitchen today, clear worktops, and within half an hour he had covered them again with things to be "moved elsewhere". Well move them!!!!

I might say to him "Can you put that pile of papers in the recycling bin please" and he will say "what pile of papers".

rosesarered Mon 26-Sep-16 14:56:04

.....but not a cat, they are even fussier eaters than Minibags.grin

Ana Mon 26-Sep-16 13:09:20

Right.

thatbags Mon 26-Sep-16 12:57:42

daphneb, that's exactly what the boiler man told me to do when I moaned about MrBags not wiping up spilt soup off the floor properly, except he said it in a lovely Glasgow accent: ge' a dug grin

thatbags Mon 26-Sep-16 12:55:26

I don't actually care how she interprets it, ana, partly because she is, in fact, a very 'charitable' person. The worst she'd do is roll her eyes and brush the crumbs onto the floor. She knows me well and I her.

Ana Mon 26-Sep-16 12:48:41

Are you sure that's how Minibags is interpreting your message, thatbags? If so, she's a lot more charitable than mine would have been at that age!

DaphneBroon Mon 26-Sep-16 12:41:19

Get a dog, preferably a Labrador or Springer and the crumb situation will not arise. Nor will the cold sausage roll /crisps/biscuit/sandwich/roast chicken situation and Minibags will learn to scoff her food down PDQ to stay ahead of the dog.

Lewlew Mon 26-Sep-16 12:30:12

thatbags... maybe she will grow out of her 'eating regime' in time. smile

thatbags Mon 26-Sep-16 08:09:59

We think alike, lewlew! I used to leave a brush and dustpan next to her place at table. Trouble is that essentially she's a control freak when it comes to food, has been since the age of two and a half (before which she ate everything I gave her). Gradually I have left her more and more to herself with regard to eating. She writes what she wants on the family shopping list and I buy in supplies. The rest—when, how much—is up to her. Sometimes she eats with us but rarely is eating the same food.

Except that she remains healthy so I've had no need to take her to the GP about her food issues (she knows I would if necessary), I reckon she might have been diagnosed with an eating disorder by now.

The crumbs not cleared up are just her way of making sure I still know she's in control and putting crumbs I pick up from the stairs on her pillow is my way of saying "Message received".

Lewlew Sun 25-Sep-16 19:45:53

Granny1sland love the piling system, and yes NotTooOld, DH's is horizontal as well. Maybe that's why he binned the passports!

thatbags I'd serve her sausage roll on a dustpan with a brush attached! grin

rosesarered Sun 25-Sep-16 19:40:20

Blinko you need to get annoyed with him about it, put a small basket/plate on the hall table for all his bits and bats.And then stand there with your rolling pin in hand.grin

NotTooOld Sun 25-Sep-16 14:36:20

Is my DH lurking on Gransnet? Since my complaints up-post he has 'cleared out' the garage, would you believe? But only in a DHish sort of way, so it doesn't look much different.

GrannyIsland - love the Piling System, it's what my DH has but unfortunately his piles are horizontal.

Granny1sland Sun 25-Sep-16 10:57:44

My husband (a farmer, so lots of paperwork) has a Piling System

Tizliz Sat 24-Sep-16 20:24:12

15! ???

Good luck

Blinko Sat 24-Sep-16 16:35:44

Just read that last post again and realised how very Hyacinth Bucket it sounds grin

Blinko Sat 24-Sep-16 16:33:13

When not out and about, my OH insists on emptying the contents of his pockets on to the mantelpiece. I would love a clear mantel with just one or two judiciously chosen, classic pieces on display. But what's the point if my classic pieces are accompanied by his keys, wallet, coin purse and sundry clutter. Grrr...

thatbags Sat 24-Sep-16 15:51:54

kitty, I think I'll keep experimenting wink

Sheilasue Sat 24-Sep-16 15:22:27

Mines the same grannypiper so annoying.

Lilylilo Sat 24-Sep-16 13:49:12

I also am very lucky too - we both have our own studies but even better we have our own BATHROOMS! My mother lived with us in a little flat in our house now that she has gone i have taken over the bathroom -total bliss

thatbags Sat 24-Sep-16 13:30:44

Lewlew Sat 24-Sep-16 13:20:50

How old is Minibags?

Anywhooo...

When we were living in the US, my husband did a clean-out of our file cabinet in preparation to move back here.

He threw out the folder with our passports! shock

rubylady Sat 24-Sep-16 13:16:03

I am letting out a huge sigh of relief as I read these posts! smile I no longer have the problem of putting something down and it "moving". It is staying where I put it. No more of DS building a tower with things on the coffee table with his feet as he sits (?) in the chair talking. No more cereal trails up the stairs. Peace at last!

lizzypopbottle Sat 24-Sep-16 13:14:31

A friend told me, many years ago, that if he'd left a tidemark and hair in the bath and gone out, the cleaning materials would be on his pillow when he got home.