Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU to be annoyed at the amount of tax payers money put aside to repair Buckingham Palace

(5 Posts)
Smileless2012 Mon 28-Nov-16 11:23:15

We are constantly bombarded with one austerity plan after another. There are families barely able to support themselves through no fault of their own. This winter will see many unable to heat their homes because they can't afford too. There's an increasing demand on food banks, the list goes on and on and in the face of such need and poverty, millions can be made available by the Government to cover the repairs to the Queen's main residence.

I know it's an historical building, a part of our heritage but if we want to see it we have to pay, can only go certain months of the year and having been, we don't see that much of it anyway.

Decades of neglect have taken their toll but should the tax payer alone foot the bill.

DaphneBroon Mon 28-Nov-16 11:53:19

Third thread on this topic

Christinefrance Mon 28-Nov-16 12:54:01

Think this one has been done to death now.

Smileless2012 Mon 28-Nov-16 13:17:54

Ooops, sorry ladies. I've not been on line for weeks due to moving into our new home and getting settled in. Didn't realise this topic had already been raised; must do my homework in future.

Elegran Mon 28-Nov-16 13:18:01

Round and round this one goes.