Gransnet forums

AIBU

Nap Pods

(9 Posts)
BlueBelle Sun 11-Dec-16 12:49:56

AIBU in thinking students should be working hard in the daylight hours and not need blooming naps and if they do need a nap (God help us) what's wrong with a flipping chair do they really need to spend £40 000 on four nap pods while half the world starves I personally think they need to get their sleeves rolled up

SueDonim Sun 11-Dec-16 13:05:09

What I thought was that I'd never be able to take a nap on one, knowing there was a queue of people outside also waiting to have a nap. It would be like using public toilets at busy times, you feel you must get in and out as quickly as possible! grin

Alima Sun 11-Dec-16 13:08:29

Ahh, bless. Have no idea what a nap pod is though.

Elegran Sun 11-Dec-16 13:14:32

What's wrong with the traditional student nap of dozing off in the library, head down on an open textbook?

A few nap pods won't cope with a whole college full of sleepy students. They'll have to book five-minute slots in advance and turf out the previous sleeper when their turn is due.

Elegran Sun 11-Dec-16 13:17:16

The student to pod ratio is 28,000 to four. students back sleep pods

Anya Sun 11-Dec-16 13:55:09

Better to give 4 x £10,000 bursaries to some struggling students....preferably ones who can stay awake during daylight hours.

cornergran Sun 11-Dec-16 14:06:01

If he needs a nap at meal times littlest manages with his head down on his highchair tray - doesn't need a pod!

Elegran Sun 11-Dec-16 14:09:13

I suspect this began as a student lark, "Yes of course we want nap pods!" and snowballed.

Christinefrance Sun 11-Dec-16 14:55:14

The article where I heard about these pods referred to them being used by high powered execs not students. Winston Churchill swore by his naps but there are not many of his ilk around . I too think the money could have been better used.