Gransnet forums

AIBU

To think it's an absolute disgrace that Parliament can't sit?

(36 Posts)
Rigby46 Thu 15-Jun-17 09:28:16

We still don't know when the QS will be - that can't be agreed until the agreement with the DUP is sorted out - TM and her MPs can not being held to account by Parliament at the moment - whither democracy? I have this dream of Her Maj calling her to Buck House and giving her 24 hours to get an agreement or she'll send for Jeremy

POGS Thu 22-Jun-17 11:51:00

Good to see Dianne Abbott taking her role as Shadow Home Secretary in the House at today's sitting.

whitewave Thu 22-Jun-17 08:37:10

grin good post gg

GracesGranMK2 Thu 22-Jun-17 08:27:02

"Amazing how the press two weeks ago told us that Corbyn was almost a messiah, it's now been shown that he's truly a marxist that was trying to actually incite riots, he even practically admitted it. I personally don't rely on the "press"

You certainly don't rely on facts SAAK. You tell us what the press is saying and then say you don't agree. That's an opinion and one you are entitled to hold. However, having relied on the press to make your argument you then say you don't rely on the press. Giving an opinion not based on fact is just a prejudice but giving opinion and then rubbishing your source is something else entirely.

whitewave Thu 22-Jun-17 08:19:05

Ukip and its ilk are certainly beginning to fade into no existence -and not before time.

yggdrasil Thu 22-Jun-17 08:08:26

I've been ashamed to be British ( not English) for some time, since the referendum unleashed all the hatred and bigotry towards those regarded as 'differen't.
Maybe you would like to put a link to what you find so objectionable in Corbyn's speech, because I have no idea what you are talking about.

stillaliveandkicking Thu 22-Jun-17 00:45:15

Did you not hear what came out of the awful man's mouth recently yygdrasil. If you didn't think that was "riot inciting" after the recent fire tragedy I don't know where you are coming from at all. If labour did actually get in I'd be ashamed to be English.

stillaliveandkicking Thu 22-Jun-17 00:33:23

As I said... I don't rely on the press.

GracesGranMK2 Tue 20-Jun-17 19:07:52

No Queen's speech next year it the Conservatives are still in power whitewave smile

whitewave Tue 20-Jun-17 08:12:27

So no QS next year then?

The behind the scenes will be nothing to worry about as in front of stage they do a very good job of showing what headless chickens look like.

Anyone know how in the event of a two year parliament they intend to collect the tax for year 18/19?

Anya Tue 20-Jun-17 07:51:43

yggdrasil don't waste your breath finger, typing responses to SAAK. You cannot argue a logical point with someone who is unwilling to even consider another's perspective.

yggdrasil Tue 20-Jun-17 07:24:58

SAAK: " Amazing how the press two weeks ago told us that Corbyn was almost a messiah, it's now been shown that he's truly a marxist that was trying to actually incite riots, he even practically admitted it. I personally don't rely on the "press"

There's a bit of a dichotomy here. You can't have it both ways, either the press is right or it is lying.
And Corbyn has not been inciting riots or admitting it, so I think the press is at it again.

stillaliveandkicking Tue 20-Jun-17 00:42:20

Do what they like? Have I entered the twig-let zone? Now there was me thinking that what I voted for is still going to happen. I want 3 things. Amazing how the press two weeks ago told us that Corbyn was almost a messiah, it's now been shown that he's truly a marxist that was trying to actually incite riots, he even practically admitted it. I personally don't rely on the "press"

varian Mon 19-Jun-17 20:24:58

There will be no parliamentary scrutiny. The Tory brexiteers will be able to do what they like. No doubt their right wing tax dodging friends who own most of the press will report that everything is going brilliantly - until we all fall off that cliff.

FarNorth Mon 19-Jun-17 20:06:36

What will happen to Brexit during the "long summer recess"?

stillaliveandkicking Mon 19-Jun-17 19:47:54

Now there's a Corbyn-ism if ever there was one. Awful man indeed. Inciting riots etc. he should be given his marching orders immediately.

Luckygirl Mon 19-Jun-17 19:39:56

Oh lord no - anything but that!!! grin She would be lucky to escape with her life!!!

stillaliveandkicking Mon 19-Jun-17 19:32:19

Of course there's a lot going on behind the scenes. Do you want a hotline to May OP smile

Rigby46 Thu 15-Jun-17 16:05:42

Ok fair enough - now a date has been set.

rosesarered Thu 15-Jun-17 15:57:35

Yes, YABU given the circumstances, and as others say, there will be plenty of work going on behind the scenes.

kittylester Thu 15-Jun-17 15:56:05

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40285953

That's what I know!

kittylester Thu 15-Jun-17 15:54:41

I thought I'd just seen that it is to be next Wednesday. But, hey, what do I know.

BlueBelle Thu 15-Jun-17 15:31:48

It's a pretty unacceptable government anyway let them muddled themselv into the mire a bit further

Anniebach Thu 15-Jun-17 11:35:48

Seems parliament will sit on Wednesday

GracesGranMK2 Thu 15-Jun-17 11:29:37

I think there is a word for government with out parliamentary democracy isn't there Rigby? Oh yes - so that would be dictatorship then.

I don't think we are there yet but I do think it has been May's inclination so I hope the MPs are keeping an eye on it all for us.

Jalima1108 Thu 15-Jun-17 11:01:59

we have elected mps who are not just sitting on their hands (presumably) but getting on with more important work