Gransnet forums

News & politics

Mid -Term elections

(4 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 07-Oct-26 08:58:06

Just under 1 month to go. At it isn’t looking good for Trump.

What is to do?

Well, for a start for the first time in decades he has refused international oversight of the elections.

And so it begins.

MayBee70 Wed 07-Oct-26 09:01:24

What lengths will he go to to try to cancel them?

Petrina Wed 07-Oct-26 09:19:38

I was an observer in the 2024 presidential elections. At least in the geographical area where I was involved, the procedure was impeccable. In fact I'd argue that it was even better than UK elections.

The only reason I see for Trump to block ODIHR/OSCE is so that he can say, when he loses, that the procedure is flawed.

Cossy Wed 07-Oct-26 09:26:27

I just hope democracy follows its course and at some point in the future both America and the rest of the world can rid itself of this tedious orange buffoon.