Gransnet forums

AIBU

It happened again this morning!!

(8 Posts)
Oldwoman70 Sun 20-Aug-17 12:22:09

They are really nice people and I certainly don't want to fall out with them - it's just this one thing which they can't seem to deal with. I think I may just put a sign on the car with the word "alarm" in big black letters! grin

Emmaline Sun 20-Aug-17 12:17:13

That is without a doubt the most annoying thing to be disturbed at that time of the morning .. can you report this to a council officer or the police?
It is an offence to make undue noise any time between 11pm and 7am .. at least it's worth just giving them a ring to see how things stand even if it's after 7 that still doesn't give him the right to continually do that.
All the best to you!

Baggs Sun 20-Aug-17 12:06:32

If it were my car annoying the neighbours I think I'd be tempted to disable the alarm.

We considered, in our most annoyed moments, parking our alarming car at the top of the hill that runs straight down to the loch and taking the handbrake off!

NanaandGrampy Sun 20-Aug-17 11:13:03

Go out at 1am and shake his car. When he comes out to turn off the alarm, apologise and say you were half asleep. Repeat hourly until he gets the message :-)

Oldwoman70 Sun 20-Aug-17 11:11:45

That is what puzzled me Baggs. I thought unlocking the car would switch off the alarm but apparently in this case it doesn't.

Baggs Sun 20-Aug-17 11:03:27

If he's using the proper car unlocker, it's puzzling that the alarm sounds when he opens the door. Perhaps his key is faulty. We have this problem but if the driver opens the driver's door (and nobody touches any of the others!) and gives the ignition a half turn and back straight away the alarm doesn't sound. It's booked to be fixed at some point but the local mechanics are swamped with more essential work at the moment.

We had a faulty alarm in a car we had some years ago. It kept going off randomly. Once when we were staying in a small village at a youth hostel in the pennines it kept going off. Eventually, MrB drove it into the middle of nowhere and slept in it so that he could stop it straight away if it started again. Fortunately there was a warm sleeping bag in the car. I don't think he slept all that well but the car behaved the next day while we went to a family gathering.

MissAdventure Sun 20-Aug-17 11:01:47

All you can do is think that if his alarm went off because his car was actually being stolen, nobody would take much notice.. the car that cried wolf!
Its horrible, being woken earlier than you needed or wanted to be.

Oldwoman70 Sun 20-Aug-17 10:55:37

Under normal circumstances I have a sweet and loveable nature (OK perhaps not so sweet or loveable) but I am a fairly patient easy going person. However, I am becoming increasingly annoyed by a neighbour whose car alarm goes off every morning around 7.00. It seems he forgets he has switched it on and when he opens the car door in the morning the alarm sounds. I have spoken to him about it and he is very apologetic and says it is because he is half asleep! I'm afraid I am beginning to have evil thoughts of revenge!