Gransnet forums

AIBU

Plus size clothing

(12 Posts)
Nannykay Tue 03-Oct-17 22:29:53

I have just bought a lovely tshirt from yours, it’s was £9, lovely and comfortable to wear, nice and long, and washes well so far .

M0nica Tue 03-Oct-17 20:50:06

On the same day I saw a lady several sizes larger than me wearing a long sleeved T shirt style top that I had bought from Tu. Looking at it independently on another woman I realised what nice top it was and why I had bought it.

M0nica Tue 03-Oct-17 20:45:06

DD has always been on the large size, size 20 or thereabouts. She seems to dress from top to toe, in Tu, the Sainsbury clothing brand. They are her local supermarket and have a very good clothes section.

We saw her this weekend, she was wearing very dark blue jeans with a matching navy blue long sleeved, high necked top, with a bit of detail on cuffs and collar, and a casually knotted scarf round her neck. She looked really elegant and the clothes she was wearing would look good on a woman of any age and any size, including larger older women. Everything came from Tu (even her shoes!)

Humbertbear Tue 03-Oct-17 08:45:08

I buy from Witt. Good quality and stable sizing

NanKate Mon 02-Oct-17 22:15:13

M and Co could suit you Nina

Gagagran Mon 02-Oct-17 18:01:03

Bon Marche have some nice things at reasonable prices. Good online too.

MissAdventure Mon 02-Oct-17 17:04:25

'YOURS' Has everyday clothes at reasonable prices.

Nannarose Mon 02-Oct-17 17:02:23

La Redoute

HillyN Mon 02-Oct-17 14:46:19

Have you looked at Cotton Traders?

Cold Mon 02-Oct-17 14:31:03

M&S have many lines that go up to sizes 22-28 if you buy online

kittylester Mon 02-Oct-17 13:50:14

Lots of companies do bigger sizes - Seasalt is my current go to.

ninathenana Mon 02-Oct-17 13:07:48

I've never been slim and mum wasn't either. I remember going in Evans with mum late '60s early '70s ( I was a teen) and thinking how frumpy everything was.
Move on 40 or so years and not only Evans but Marisota, J D Williams and Yours all seem to cater for D's age group. Which is great and I've just received a lovely top I ordered for Ch......s day but can I find age/size appropriate every day wear sad all I want is some plain long sleeve T-shirt type tops.
Complete reverse of when I shopped with mum.