Gransnet forums

AIBU

Eating without paying

(102 Posts)
grandma1954 Wed 11-Oct-17 18:04:04

I'm fed up with going into my local supermarket and seeing people walking around and helping themselves to fruit, drinks, sweets from the pick and mix and even sandwiches and sausage rolls! I've even reported some to staff who just shrug their shoulders. I'm paying for these thieves and I'm fed up with it! A very elderly woman was touching all the sweets with filthy hands and when my husband berated her, she had the audacity to say "and I don't even like them". Anyone else feel like this?

Willow500 Wed 01-Nov-17 16:53:11

We were standing at the check out in Tescos last week and a child (about 8 or 9) went over to the pick n mix sweets and helped herself - her mother saw her but took no notice. Also saw a chocolate santa that had been half eaten on the shelf - it was probably the same child! What puzzles us is why you will see items of shopping randomly place on a shelf nowhere near where they should be. Our mantra is 'didn't want that one' - could be ham bought at the deli in with the toilet rolls or shampoo dumped in the freezer! grin