Gransnet forums

AIBU

KFC

(38 Posts)
Rosina Wed 21-Feb-18 16:51:55

Am I alone in feeling despair at the news that people have been phoning the Police because of the Kentucky Fried Chicken closures, evidently due to delivery problems?
I really felt quite down this morning reading that some people have rung 999, others have contacted their M.Ps, and one woman had evidently been shouting that she had had to go elsewhere to get a takeaway. Please reassure me that this is a joke that I have entirely missed, because if not I feel like weeping for the future ; I just hope that the people who have done this are a tiny minority.

Jalima1108 Mon 26-Feb-18 17:41:32

Nonnie not everyone is as sensible as you!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqdBoGCCgvk

petra Mon 26-Feb-18 13:20:11

Nonnie
On the programme 999 what's your emergency, some pond life ( because that's all they are) phoned to ask if there was something the police could do because his pizza hadn't been delivered.

bikergran Sat 24-Feb-18 16:40:48

I try to hold my breath...when going past our local KFC... sad (bit difficult when the KFC is directly next to the traffic lights and they are on RED)!!! YIKES!!

Nonnie Sat 24-Feb-18 16:23:33

Should we really believe someone phoned 999? I find that really hard to accept.

Not sure the snapchat thing is as simple as the headlines, R4 said that there was a marking down by one of the financial institutions at the same time and it was likely to be the reason for the price drop.

Must be 30 years since I tried KFC so no idea what it is like now. Don't think I will ever be desperate enough to find out but we very rarely eat anything we haven't prepared ourselves unless we go to a restaurant.

Jalima1108 Fri 23-Feb-18 20:03:55

those two little girls sobbing in Syria because their house had been bombed IS a bloody disaster and a tragedy. I can't decide whether I am getting old and intolerant of the absolute bo**ocks I keep reading about, or whether the world is truly losing the plot.
Gillt57 yes, indeed.

My heart went out to those two little girls and anyone who has phoned 999 because of KFC closing down should be shut in a room and made to watch that. But perhaps they are so thick they just would think it was a movie.

I despair.

Chewbacca Fri 23-Feb-18 19:41:02

Only tried KFC once and
I thought it was awful. Thick crusty coating over slimy sweating pieces of tasteless chicken. The fries were cold and hard and just inedible. Never again.

Eloethan Fri 23-Feb-18 19:34:38

The very cheap prices at which this food is sold makes you wonder about the quality of the chicken and the conditions they are kept in.

As for going to other independent outlets, I would think the only saving grace of these fast food chains is that they generally have reasonably good standards of cleanliness.

There are just far too many of these fast food outlets and, in order to make some sort of profit, costs are kept to the absolute minimum and consequently standards can be extremely poor.

I don't suppose the occasional meal at these places will do much harm, provided they are clean. But I do think it is not healthy to eat this sort of food regularly.

Mapleleaf Fri 23-Feb-18 17:50:40

Exactly right, GillT57

GillT57 Fri 23-Feb-18 16:03:48

First world problems indeed! People, well some people, really need to get a grip, and go and give their head a wobble. Take away rubbish being unavailable is not a disaster, Kylie Jenner dropping Snapchat (yes, really) and the corresponding drop in their share price is not a disaster, those two little girls sobbing in Syria because their house had been bombed IS a bloody disaster and a tragedy. I can't decide whether I am getting old and intolerant of the absolute bo**ocks I keep reading about, or whether the world is truly losing the plot. Next thing you know, a US president will suggest that school teachers should shoot deranged, mentally ill former students......oh....wait......

Mapleleaf Fri 23-Feb-18 15:51:52

I’m afraid the behaviour of some people beggars belief. How pathetic if true, which it sounds as if it is. Dangerous too, if they are clogging up 999 - hope they are prosecuted.

Nonnie Fri 23-Feb-18 15:10:03

I made real southern fried chicken for my DiL, apparently it tasted very different and much better.

I wonder whether KFC are liable for the loss of profit of their franchisees. Surely they have broken their contract with them?

BlueBelle Fri 23-Feb-18 14:44:20

I don’t find there anything wrong with the taste of KFC I have it on occasions same as MacDs but only for an occasionally meal if I m out and get stuck for food, I d rather have a Chinese or Indian or even chips on the market but probably all just as bad for you

Ilovecheese Fri 23-Feb-18 14:27:48

I know that everything that everybody has said is absolutely right, but I can't help loving KFC. We have it as a (rare) treat!

Nonnie Fri 23-Feb-18 14:07:04

On my Fb today:

DHL have achieved more for child obesity in a few days that Jamie Oliver has done in years!

JenniferEccles Fri 23-Feb-18 13:21:18

This really is a classic example of a first world problem isn't it?

My sympathies are with the poor NHS operatives who have to waste their time dealing with these idiotic calls.

wot Wed 21-Feb-18 21:36:42

Mawgrin

MawBroon Wed 21-Feb-18 21:14:59

I understand KFC have made some emergency changes to their menus.
PS this is not a post, it’s a tweet (geddit?)

BBbevan Wed 21-Feb-18 20:43:56

MOnica ??

M0nica Wed 21-Feb-18 20:19:05

Yes, I would probably be heaving if I ate there grin

BBbevan Wed 21-Feb-18 19:59:44

Heaving when we went past MOnica

Christinefrance Wed 21-Feb-18 19:57:31

Can't get my head round the fact KFC did not ensure DHL had all the necessary bells and whistles to do the job. Somebody has c****d up - excuse the pun.

Pittcity Wed 21-Feb-18 19:13:03

Are they sure that DHL didn't just leave it in next door's bin?

MissAdventure Wed 21-Feb-18 18:06:23

grin

M0nica Wed 21-Feb-18 17:47:41

My sympathies is all with the inhabitants of Llanlli Tristre.

BBbevan Wed 21-Feb-18 17:42:40

Llanelli Trostre is open. ?