Gransnet forums

AIBU

KFC

(37 Posts)
Rosina Wed 21-Feb-18 16:51:55

Am I alone in feeling despair at the news that people have been phoning the Police because of the Kentucky Fried Chicken closures, evidently due to delivery problems?
I really felt quite down this morning reading that some people have rung 999, others have contacted their M.Ps, and one woman had evidently been shouting that she had had to go elsewhere to get a takeaway. Please reassure me that this is a joke that I have entirely missed, because if not I feel like weeping for the future ; I just hope that the people who have done this are a tiny minority.

Smileless2012 Wed 21-Feb-18 16:56:03

Sorry Rosina but I fear it's all true. Had this been reported on April 1st I'd have assumed it was an April fool.

I don't know what's the most difficult to believe; KFC running out ofroastchickenor some peoples reaction to it.

Coolgran65 Wed 21-Feb-18 17:03:19

I also would have thought it was a joke !!
That KFC had run out of chicken.

However regarding folks reaction to this news, no, I am not surprised. My dh worked taking the 999 calls.
Enough said !!

BlueBelle Wed 21-Feb-18 17:05:35

Well it’s not difficult to believe they ran out of chicken their supplier went kaput so guess they are running around like headless chickens (oh I made a funny) looking for a new supplier but only a moron would ring the police

Smileless2012 Wed 21-Feb-18 17:06:44

BlueBellegrin.

Marelli Wed 21-Feb-18 17:11:49

According to our local paper a chap posted on social media:
“Disaster. Took the grandkids out to dinner at KFC only to see it’s shut down. Some chicken shortage. Took them to McDonalds but it’s not the same. Crying in the bathroom. Can’t show weakness in front of them.”
Dear, oh dear...... ?!

Luckygirl Wed 21-Feb-18 17:13:32

I had the same reaction to...the reactions! Especially one where they were interviewing a little girl and egging her on to be appalled and to say how hungry she was.

It is truly pathetic.

NannyJan53 Wed 21-Feb-18 17:14:37

On our local news the other day, they showed a child screaming, then saying she was angry, disappointed and hungry??? They obviously set her up to do this, but surely there are plenty of other take away food outlets!

It's not the end of the world surely? As for people calling 999, words fail me shock

M0nica Wed 21-Feb-18 17:16:30

The problem was with the delivery system. They had been using a company called Bidvest for many years to collect the chicken pieces from wherever they came from and deliver them to the shops. A few weeks ago as a result of putting it out to tender KFC changed the delivery company and gave DHL the contract. DHL f*cked it up and have a warehouse of gently rotting chicken pieces and a delivery process in utter chaos.

I doubt DHL will have the contract much longer. I expect Bidvest are quietly unmothballing their KFC delivery system and laughing up their sleeves.

Personally, having only ever once eaten a KFC meal, it won't worry me if the whole chain closes down. The food I was served was vile, horrible cheap chicken that tasted of fish and a glutinous coating, Yuk!

MissAdventure Wed 21-Feb-18 17:21:09

I would have one word to describe how I feel about this load of old tripe, and the idiots who consider it so upsetting.
I won't write the word though.
I'll just think it.

Daddima Wed 21-Feb-18 17:25:51

I used to manage government helplines for drink, drugs, smoking cessation & sexual health, but we also had a few consumer helplines for various products. The freephone number ensured many, many calls from a variety of people!
We had lots of calls to the consumer helpline for a sweetener which came in tablet form from people who had only found,say, 977 tablets in a 1,000 jar!

Oldwoman70 Wed 21-Feb-18 17:29:27

I read somewhere that other delivery firms refer to DHL as Drop it, hide it, lose it!!

BBbevan Wed 21-Feb-18 17:42:40

Llanelli Trostre is open. ?

M0nica Wed 21-Feb-18 17:47:41

My sympathies is all with the inhabitants of Llanlli Tristre.

MissAdventure Wed 21-Feb-18 18:06:23

grin

Pittcity Wed 21-Feb-18 19:13:03

Are they sure that DHL didn't just leave it in next door's bin?

Christinefrance Wed 21-Feb-18 19:57:31

Can't get my head round the fact KFC did not ensure DHL had all the necessary bells and whistles to do the job. Somebody has c****d up - excuse the pun.

BBbevan Wed 21-Feb-18 19:59:44

Heaving when we went past MOnica

M0nica Wed 21-Feb-18 20:19:05

Yes, I would probably be heaving if I ate there grin

BBbevan Wed 21-Feb-18 20:43:56

MOnica ??

MawBroon Wed 21-Feb-18 21:14:59

I understand KFC have made some emergency changes to their menus.
PS this is not a post, it’s a tweet (geddit?)

wot Wed 21-Feb-18 21:36:42

Mawgrin

JenniferEccles Fri 23-Feb-18 13:21:18

This really is a classic example of a first world problem isn't it?

My sympathies are with the poor NHS operatives who have to waste their time dealing with these idiotic calls.

Nonnie Fri 23-Feb-18 14:07:04

On my Fb today:

DHL have achieved more for child obesity in a few days that Jamie Oliver has done in years!

Ilovecheese Fri 23-Feb-18 14:27:48

I know that everything that everybody has said is absolutely right, but I can't help loving KFC. We have it as a (rare) treat!