Gransnet forums

AIBU

Male rape on Coronation Street

(79 Posts)
vampirequeen Mon 19-Mar-18 09:19:07

Male rape is a very important issue but I don't think it's suitable material for a soap that is shown at 7.30pm and viewed by lots of children. We're giving our children too much information too soon. What happened to the 9pm watershed?

Eloethan Tue 20-Mar-18 23:16:42

I can't imagine many young people watch Coronation Street. I can remember my grandma, who was from Liverpool but had lived down south for years, watching it religiously but I wasn't at all interested in it and neither were my friends.

Chinesecrested Thu 12-Apr-18 20:10:37

I watched Corrie for many years but about ten years ago the humour disappeared and was replaced by serious, sometimes unbelievable, story lines. Explosions, fires... It seemed to be emulating Eastenders which I never bothered with. So I lost interest and stopped watching. Now the story lines seem to be worse - that story where some young girl was being used and abused by a man, this male rape now. No thank you! It's bad enough reading about it in the newspapers.

lemongrove Thu 12-Apr-18 21:30:36

I have never watched it, but blimey, what would Ena Sharples have said ( disapprovingly) ?