Gransnet forums

AIBU

Username

(85 Posts)
Sickofweddingcake Thu 19-Jul-18 17:49:48

Good evening ladies...and gentlemen, of course!
I am a long time lurker. I think my username is 'Sickofweddingcake' which reflects my...now...attitude for marriage...(having two marriages...and one engagement behind me).
What is the story regarding your user name?
Please forgive me if I have posted in the wrong place. X

jenpax Wed 01-Aug-18 09:51:23

Mine is a mixture of my first name and the Latin word for what was my maiden name

Witzend Wed 01-Aug-18 09:25:51

Mine dates back years, to when I was beset by dementia in the family - it seemed entirely appropriate at the time.
Was too lazy to think of another when joining GN - one I use for a very different forum wouldn't have seemed suitable.

Anniebach Tue 31-Jul-18 22:11:43

My name is half my full name and the bach my grandfather added on when I was a baby because it’s Welsh for small, sweet for a baby, but not when I became a 5’7” adult but it has stuck

bikergran Tue 31-Jul-18 21:31:08

Cos I rode a motorbike and was a granny lol

But now I now don't ride a bike but am still a granny so maybe I should be biker gran doesn't quite have the same ring though.

Daisyboots Tue 31-Jul-18 20:29:59

I was enrolling and had just seen an ad for wellie boots covered in daisies. Another choice would be Fag Ash Lil as no one would ever connect it to me as I have never smoked.

Grammaretto Mon 30-Jul-18 19:23:13

Like others all the names I chose were already taken so I had to think of one quick. I am a bit of a pedant for spelling and grammar but also enjoy a drink, in moderation of course. I'm enjoying this thread smile

Willow500 Mon 30-Jul-18 17:47:01

Been Willow for ages in various places - when I joined here a couple of years ago it added the 500 - I noticed today there's a Willow10 now too.

pollyperkins Sun 29-Jul-18 18:12:47

Well I always imagined you weilding a grey duster as you did the housework! No idea there was a connection with fishing!

Greyduster Sun 29-Jul-18 13:42:58

A favourite fishing dry fly. Tiny but deadly - a bit like me grin.

morethan2 Sun 29-Jul-18 13:30:09

Waving goodbye to my darling 3year old grandson he shouted “love you Nanna “ I shouted back “love you too”
He ran back threw himself into my arms crying “but I love you more than two, so I’m morethan2

Blinko Sun 29-Jul-18 08:28:26

Mine's a reference to a joke between my parents when they met. Second choice might be Madam Zenobia. It's what my mother used to call me sometimes. No idea why.

ChaosIncoporated Sun 29-Jul-18 08:17:32

Permanent state of being, these days, it seems!
I was originally registered as something more literary....but long since lost password, and changed email account.
Nice to be back!

ContraryMary88 Wed 25-Jul-18 12:33:40

Another self explanatory name, apparently!

I would disagree, but that seems to be the general consensus.

lemongrove Tue 24-Jul-18 23:27:22

Mine is from a place we stayed in Italy.Could pick fresh lemons whenever we liked.??????

PECS Tue 24-Jul-18 21:51:20

I have muscles!

SleepybytheSea Tue 24-Jul-18 21:14:39

Hi, newbie here. I chose mine a couple of days ago based on being permanently tired (new grandson, but complicated situation) and I live on the coast smile

pensionpat Tue 24-Jul-18 21:14:35

My last job was working with pensioners

BBbevan Tue 24-Jul-18 21:04:35

Mine is a nod to GD1s name, My heritage and my initials. It is a bit severe so I would like to change it.

aggie Tue 24-Jul-18 20:50:46

I was recovering from a broken ankle when I started on the internet and was in Agony !! def nought to do with that famous Aggie of the cleaning duo , I am def not good at housekeeping

Mamissimo Tue 24-Jul-18 20:32:27

Tongue in cheek....the ultimate mother

Auntieflo Tue 24-Jul-18 19:32:39

Mine is what my (then) little bridesmaids, used to call my mum. Only it was more Ahfo, than auntieflo smile

annodomini Tue 24-Jul-18 19:25:12

Isn't mine obvious?

allsortsofbags Tue 24-Jul-18 19:07:11

Mine comes from when I was signing up for ebay and I was stuck as the other names I thought off had gone.

Just as I was trying to be creative DD2 called and asked if I had a document case she could borrow, yep I did. She said DD1 told her to call mum because she has "allsortsofbags".

Creativity nil, user name sorted :-)

TwiceAsNice Tue 24-Jul-18 18:47:40

Mine is because I joined soon after my daughters children were born. We assumed it would be one child then we found out she was having twins so that was"Twice asNice"

Scribbles Tue 24-Jul-18 17:58:34

I first used mine on another forum many years ago. I'm a writer, always scribbling down odd notes and thoughts and the name just struck me as appropriate and it's stuck.

Second choice? I dunno. I have other names in other places and I might opt for one of those or, depending on my mood, create a completely new persona.