Gransnet forums

AIBU

To think Harry and Meghan are 'avin a larf?

(36 Posts)
merlotgran Sat 24-Nov-18 11:31:39

Presumably the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester will no longer be required to 'downsize' so the £1.4 million re-vamp won't be wasted?

hmm

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6423965/Harry-Meghan-leave-Kensington-Palace-make-new-home-Frogmore-House.html

Jalima1108 Sat 24-Nov-18 22:47:29

There has to be a pond, doesn't there Gonegirl
Frogmore Cottage?

Jalima1108 Sat 24-Nov-18 22:47:48

ps I hope they put a big fence round it

phoenix Sat 24-Nov-18 22:59:06

Where are they supposed to live? In a 3 bed semi in Slough?

So much "royal bashing" they didn't choose to be born into that life, although some may have chosen to marry into it.

I'm not a fanatical royalist, but neither am I anti Monarchy. We have what we have, it is NOT going to change over night, so just accept that for now at least.

merlotgran Sat 24-Nov-18 23:13:01

I'm not royal bashing, phoenix but I'm scratching my head over the £1.4million spent on renovations to a 20 room apartment in KP that they're now not going to live in and a multi million pound renovation currently taking place at Frogmore 'cottage'. Both taxpayer's money. When the Queen dies I presume Charles and Camilla will move into Buckingham Palace so Clarence House, which cost a fortune to do up after the Queen Mum died, will become vacant.

Soon there will be a surplus of expensively renovated properties.

I don't need telling to accept it. I'm not planning to man any barricades.

Just pondering!

gillybob Sat 24-Nov-18 23:14:19

They should perhaps try a 2 bedroom upper flat for size completely with with damp walls and no garden phoenix they are a “normal” hard working young couple after all . ?

gillybob Sat 24-Nov-18 23:15:31

I am royal bashing ! They all make me sick to the stomach.

Jalima1108 Sat 24-Nov-18 23:16:43

I think Frogmore House belongs to the Crown Estates, so I don't the taxpayer will be funding renovations directly; I presume the money will come from income from rental on some of these properties:

www.thecrownestate.co.uk/en-gb/our-places/asset-map/

So don't worry, our 69p per person per year won't be used for a new kitchen for Meghan.

gillybob Sat 24-Nov-18 23:34:03

Please don’t say you believe that work of fiction (69p ) Jalima ?

phoenix Sun 25-Nov-18 00:37:45

blush

Anniebach Sun 25-Nov-18 08:43:17

I think William and Kate will move into Clarence House when he is heir.

All the state properties go with the job.