Gransnet forums

AIBU

House rules

(89 Posts)
Su66 Wed 26-Dec-18 22:09:59

Hi everyone
Just wanted to rant and perhaps get your opinion. I have a large townhouse that has a bathroom on the top floor and a toilet/washroom on the ground floor. AIBU to ask that guests use the downstairs toilet and not the bathroom on the top floor.

Beau Sat 29-Dec-18 17:38:49

? no, that's why I said it's all in the mind! I would not use public loos as a child and hence perfected the art of 'waiting until I got home'. Drove my parents mad!

Katyj Sat 29-Dec-18 17:55:53

Beau, I think me and you could be friends.Makes you wonder where these feelings come from though.confused

absent Sat 29-Dec-18 18:01:34

Marilyn Monroe had a "thing" about other people hearing her pee. When Arthur Miller took her to meet his mother and the time came for her to go to the loo, she turned on all the taps to drown out any sounds she might make. Afterwards, Arthur Miller's mother told him that she thought Marilyn was "a lovely girl, but she pisses like a horse".

mcem Sat 29-Dec-18 18:14:09

The "Hyacinthness" is just getting better and better!

MawBroon Sat 29-Dec-18 19:16:10

We’ll have somebody extolling the virtues (or antibiotic qualities) of crocheted crinoline lady loo roll covers next.
Or possibly one of these.

Chewbacca Sat 29-Dec-18 19:17:30

Oh my eyes Maw, that's 'orrible!

Beau Sat 29-Dec-18 19:21:40

My DD used to love the little crinoline lady in my dad's loo - I'd forgotten all about them!

janeainsworth Sat 29-Dec-18 19:33:28

maw ??????

annodomini Sat 29-Dec-18 20:32:28

My sister has a wonderful, old-fashioned WC, with a chain flush and a large, comfortable wooden seat in her downstairs shower room. There's a bookshelf in a handy position too. As far as I know, there have never been any outbreaks of collywobbles among the many who have used that facility. I, on the other hand, have only one bathroom which is upstairs and available to guests, though I was a bit embarrassed when a friend used it and I subsequently found a pair of my undies on the floor - must have dropped out of the pile of laundry when I took it downstairs. Friend made no comment.

Iam64 Sun 30-Dec-18 08:58:12

Maw - did you crochet that yourself? It pips the crochet lady doesn't it.

Nanna58 Sun 30-Dec-18 09:29:56

Never realised I was so laid back! Don’t mind if people use my upstairs, downstairs , en suite, whatever they like.

Jalima1108 Sun 30-Dec-18 10:49:46

All these pseudo Hyacinths; and not a word about the support army of Richards, keeping their heads down and busy!
I do like Richard!! tchgrin

Jalima1108 Sun 30-Dec-18 10:51:14

The flannel basket gets emptied twice a week and laundered with towels on a short hot wash with eco friendly detergent
I wish my machine would do a short hot wash - the hot wash takes over two hours, anything shorter won't go above 40C.