Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU to expect men to wash their hands after going to the loo?

(95 Posts)
Annaram1 Sun 20-Jan-19 13:13:24

I belong to a friendship group. We meet once a month for a meal and chat. Its all very nice and friendly. However recently one of the ladies told me that her husband had told her after he went to the Gents that a lot of the men used the urinals and did not wash their hands after handling their willies. She told me the names of some of these men. Now I see these men who are all on the face of it lovely men and they come out of the Gents and start shaking hands with people and kissing the ladies and then eating …. all with dirty hands... It has ruined my nice group meetings.

Lazigirl Tue 29-Jan-19 16:37:28

Yes I remember years ago a friend saying, never use the first sheets on a toilet roll, as previous user may have touched with dirty hands. Amazing we are still alive and kicking eh?

Atqui Tue 29-Jan-19 14:01:23

I use toilet paper as a barrier between my hand and whichever "part" needs wiping.
When I was a nursery student many moons ago there was a notice in the sluice room that said “ Remember, toilet paper is porous” . Funny the things we remember!

Fairpricerx Tue 29-Jan-19 11:18:19

:D It seemed to me that this is necessary)) every time

Annaram1 Tue 29-Jan-19 10:50:11

PECS, Well, if I did get sick I did not attribute it to shaking hands or being kissed by any of those blokes, but of course I did not realise that they were not washing their hands then. Anyway I always wash my hands before eating, so I would have washed off any germs before the meal. I am doubly careful now and if I see any of the named men heading my way I take care to avoid them.

As for those funny words, I have never heard of any of them, except for volvo and bits!!!
Pussy is best. I suppose it got called that because of how it feels when you stroke it. Come on! You've all done that, haven't you?

PECS Mon 28-Jan-19 12:59:31

annaram frou frou,
minnie, bits, .. or as DGD2 used to say volvo

PECS Mon 28-Jan-19 12:56:59

You hsve met with these chaps for a while. What ill health do you think you have suffered as a result of contact with them so far?

Annaram1 Mon 28-Jan-19 12:51:49

What is a common babyish word for a lady garden? I can only think of pussy, which is rather cute, don't you think?

Gonegirl Wed 23-Jan-19 20:01:04

?

Lazigirl Wed 23-Jan-19 19:55:51

I understand from popular culture that most ladies dont have a garden anymore, it's been grubbed up!

Sparklefizz Wed 23-Jan-19 19:37:29

Hate that "ladygarden" thing! Not sure why.

It's twee GoneGirl.

Gonegirl Wed 23-Jan-19 19:34:31

Hate that "ladygarden" thing! Not sure why. grin

Lynne59 Wed 23-Jan-19 19:30:45

Maggiemaybe....of course, you can use any words you like. I merely stated that I personally find certain words "willy" being one, babyish. My comments were directed at the OP. Bless you both, and all of you who like any babyish words too grin

Lynne59 Wed 23-Jan-19 19:24:22

Annaraml..... haha. Is it time for your medication?

pensionpat Wed 23-Jan-19 19:21:08

Spontaneous encounters? Shades of Apple Tree Yard!

Annaram1 Wed 23-Jan-19 19:11:16

Tummies, boobs, titties, bots, bums, willies, dicks, and other rude things too numerous to mention to you, Lynne. I hope you are over 21. I expect you are quite shocked.
My doctor always calls the stomach a tummy.
Who cares? Who gives a damn?

By the way, to those who think penises are just as clean as anywhere else, actually the nether regions are more likely to harbour bacteria than anywhere else on the body.

MissAdventure Wed 23-Jan-19 13:36:43

smile

Maggiemaybe Wed 23-Jan-19 13:34:47

Or as they say on Mumsnet, lady garden. Even better.

MissAdventure Wed 23-Jan-19 13:32:15

Front bottom is splendid!

Lazigirl Wed 23-Jan-19 13:30:21

Nothing momb. It's a friendly word. What's wrong with "front bottom" come to that? grin. This thread has moved into farce now.

mumofmadboys Wed 23-Jan-19 13:18:47

Tummy?? What is wrong with tummy?

Maggiemaybe Wed 23-Jan-19 12:56:52

Not sure why I'm now being targeted by the thread police, Lynne59. But like most adults, I use whatever words I want, without seeking the permission of random bossyboots on the internet.

Lynne59 Wed 23-Jan-19 12:53:35

aw, I bet you also use words like "boobs" and "tummy" too. Bless. grin

Lynne59 Wed 23-Jan-19 12:52:24

Maggiemaybe....aw, bless you grin

Lynne59 Wed 23-Jan-19 12:51:49

sodapop.....I wasn't harsh at all. Willy IS a babyish work for an adult to use. Penis is a completely suitable word to use for everyone on here.

Maggiemaybe Wed 23-Jan-19 12:31:33

Its me again and if I want to use the term willy instead of penis I will. So there.

Good for you, Annaram1!