Gransnet forums

AIBU

To expect the bin men to empty overflowing bins?

(27 Posts)
TrixieBakes Tue 12-Feb-19 10:37:27

I have an issue that's getting to be too much and I just read in the news that I'm not the only one.

My next door neighbours are very over crowded. There's at least 12 people living in a small 3 bedroom terrace house. They seem mostly to be single men with someone moving out and a new person moving in every month which causes a lot of excess rubbish.

They seem nice and polite and generally clean, except for their constantly overflowing bins. They don't seem to understand how the different bins work for recycling and rubbish so it all gets mixed together.

The main problem here is that once rubbish starts to pile up outside the bin or is put in the wrong bin, the bin men stop picking it up. We share a pathway to our front doors so I have all this mess practically on my doorstep.

I've called the rubbish provider and the council multiple times abut the bins but nothing gets done. No wonder there's flytipping all over my neighbourhood! I'm not really sure what to do. I'm worried about grassing the landlord out to the council because the people who live there will probably be evicted if I do & I've had much worse neighbours.

lincolnimp Thu 21-Mar-19 14:32:27

Contact environmental health. They deal with situations like this without identifying the source of their information. I know, I have had to take this action about a neighbour----with a dreadful landlord, and there was no comeback for us but the mess was, and continues to be monitored and cleared