Gransnet forums

AIBU

Nigel Farage on Marr show

(160 Posts)
Glenfinnan Sun 12-May-19 19:56:59

What do you make of the interview? Although not agreeing with Farage I did think he had a point about the type of questions asked rather than focusing on the current situation. I think Marr was badly prepared.

Firecracker123 Thu 30-May-19 07:36:08

The Guardian is biased.
You won't change my opinions re Nigel Farage I'm a committed Brexit Party supporter.

crystaltipps Thu 30-May-19 07:40:04

NF lovers don’t really care about his past or future, he’s peddling a list of things they don’t like, and it’s “vote for me and we won’t have....” Nothing positive about what we will have if we vote for him.

crystaltipps Thu 30-May-19 07:43:08

Yes he can win a by election with 30% of a tiny turnout , which will be trumpeted as some sort of landslide victory, but can he cobble together a bunch of potential MPs who will all agree on Nigel’s policies and visions and not end up infighting like UKIP mark1?

eazybee Thu 30-May-19 07:50:13

closet fascist, Whitewave
Definition: A fascist is a follower of a political philosophy characterized by authoritarian views and a strong central government — and no tolerance for opposing opinions

You, possibly?

Ginny42 Thu 30-May-19 07:50:33

Firechracker you clearly agree with his aims to destabilise the EU for every other European nation. Having had the referendum to leave, we should focus on what affects our future now. He's a troublemaker and means to cause trouble on a huge scale. We need to sort out the mess we're in. He should be focusing on the path he's leading thousands of British voters down and publishing his plans for the better life he's promising.

Ginny42 Thu 30-May-19 07:51:41

eazybee please read the evidence.

Firecracker123 Thu 30-May-19 07:56:21

Yes he's focusing on the UK leaving the EU on the 31st October 2019 and Parliament honouring the referendum result.

Liz46 Sun 09-Jun-19 11:10:29

Well more dire interviews from Andrew Marr this morning. I started to feel annoyed by his interruptions and took myself off to the peace of fighting the weeds!

Jane43 Sun 09-Jun-19 14:56:46

I agree with you Liz46. I have watched Andrew Marr’s show for years but for the past few weeks all he does is fire off events and quotes from the past, presumably to embarrass his guests because they conflict with their current views. He does not listen to his guests’ responses, just mutters Hmmm and hurries them on to the next question. I think it is one programme to cross off my viewing list. I have been told The Sophie Ridge programme on Sky news an hour before is better. The best interviewer by far on political matters is Andrew Neil when he is on Politics Live but I believe he may be leaving tv work.