Gransnet forums

AIBU

Shops

(14 Posts)
Glammy57 Mon 10-Jun-19 12:33:43

HildaW - thanks for the recommendation. I’m not a fan of cheap clothing either but will look at the Tu trousers. ?

HildaW Mon 10-Jun-19 11:37:31

Oh yes glammanana.....it adds a certain joy to the grocery shop when I see that!

glammanana Mon 10-Jun-19 10:50:59

HildaW I have over the past few years found many good quality items at "Tu" including my favourite linen rich trousers with wide legs in cream(other colours are available) they have served me well the past 3 years for holidays and when they have a 25% discount week I always make sure to pop in and see whats on offer.

HildaW Mon 10-Jun-19 10:43:42

Glammy57 - quite by chance picked up a pair if navy blue linen rich wide leg trousers the other day in Sainsbury's (Tu range) of all places. I'm not a fan of cheap clothing but when its the only option....!

Glammy57 Mon 10-Jun-19 10:26:27

HildaW - I agree about not being able to find proper trousers. I hate ‘ankle grazers’ and ‘skinnies’. Have been searching everywhere for some wide leg cotton/linen trousers, but to no avail. They look so smart with high wedge sandals! The search continues....

Guineagirl Sun 09-Jun-19 15:19:47

I know Fizzers I wasn’t with husband when he ordered it and paid the amount Men honestly. I agree it should of showed out of stock at the warehouse don’t get me started on having to stay in all day for the delivery.

HildaW Fri 07-Jun-19 17:22:44

I often think there is too much choice.....was trawling through M&S website for plain black trousers.....hells bells so many and yet the style do not vary that much all skinny and all 'ankle grazers'....its as if those weird trousers we used to laugh at on the old Star Trek series have actually finally come into fashion.

Vonners Fri 07-Jun-19 17:04:39

I wonder if its because these days there is such a massive choice of just about every item that its just not possible to keep the stock.

HildaW Fri 07-Jun-19 16:50:37

....and M&S never has my size so I end up going home and ordering in web!

HildaW Fri 07-Jun-19 16:49:36

I find its even like this in those stores you used to be able to buy from. My most recent trip to John Lewis was frustrated by things I wanted all needing to be ordered. Poor old John Lewis has become little better than the old style Argos store....you walked around the display, looked in the catalogue and then......oh hang on.......you cannot get it at the desk.....you have to wait anything from a week to a month.

M0nica Fri 07-Jun-19 16:46:17

Many stores also keep stock in central warehouses, especially big items, and they deliver from there. Although I do think post purchase delays like this are unacceptable.

FlexibleFriend Fri 07-Jun-19 14:57:35

No one wants to hold stock anymore it ties up their cash flow. I must admit I get fed up with it too.

fizzers Fri 07-Jun-19 14:04:01

would be better if they had a little sign on the goods/shelf stating 7 days, I mean if you pay for something then you want it now, and as for a month for delivery? no, not in my book, I'd arrange to go collect and get it picked up

Guineagirl Fri 07-Jun-19 10:36:23

Why when wanting to do some diy do the stores have display items and nothing in stock. You pay up front like yesterday 500 for a shower cubicle for husband to fit at the till they say seven days, ok that’s fine you pay then last night delivery is a month. What happened to good old cash on delivery days