Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Colin from Accounts new series!

(34 Posts)
Aveline Sat 05-Sept-26 15:29:11

Starting on Monday. I'm so pleased to see this pleasantly daft and likeable series back. Sadly this will be the last though. Hope it's as enjoyable as previous series.

tanith Sat 05-Sept-26 19:05:20

Loved the previous series so will defo watch. I hope they get it together.

JenniRen Sat 05-Sept-26 20:11:00

Oh yes! Loved it.

ViceVersa Sat 05-Sept-26 20:22:37

My husband liked it, but I just couldn't get into it at all. I thought I would like it - and I wanted to like it - but I just didn't and I can't put my finger on the reason why not.

honeyrose Sat 05-Sept-26 20:32:24

I loved it. Hope it’s as good as the other 2 series - sometimes I’m disappointed with follow-up series and it can be best if they quit whilst they’re ahead. Looking forward to it nonetheless!

kittylester Sat 05-Sept-26 20:32:28

I thought the very last series was daft but will watch this because did enjoy the previous ones.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 05-Sept-26 21:29:54

Series 1, I thought was laugh out loud. Series 2 not so good. Will watch series 3 - I do like the characters.

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 05-Sept-26 21:37:47

Looking forward to it!

granfromafar Tue 08-Sept-26 12:32:41

Whitewavemark2

Series 1, I thought was laugh out loud. Series 2 not so good. Will watch series 3 - I do like the characters.

I agree, second series mot so funny, but enjoying the third series. Patrick Bramhall and Harriet Dyer are perfect in it.

granfromafar Tue 08-Sept-26 12:36:55

Apologies, wrong spelling, it's Patrick Brammall. Loved him in an earlier drama, Offspring, sadly no longer available on Netflix. He's also just about to star in a new thriller with Maxine Peake on Apple TV, which sadly, we don't subscribe to!

CarrotTop Tue 08-Sept-26 12:42:17

I like to think I've got a reasonably good sense of humour but I watched an episode and found it supremely unfunny. Not shocking or insulting or offensive, just not funny. I would have thought the priority when writing a comedy would be that the writers would need to be witty. The acting was good, especially some of the facial expressions, but the script...? Nah.

Aveline Tue 08-Sept-26 12:52:41

It's not a comedy it's just a light drama.

BridgetPark Tue 08-Sept-26 13:21:10

I totally love this series, and watched the first one of the new series last night. I laughed so much, it is so well written and all the nuances are just sublime. I also think it is quite relatable, and I really hope this is not the last series. It is good comedy at its best, in my opinion. Got to love the BBC for showing it, also.

MayBee70 Tue 08-Sept-26 13:37:44

I couldn’t get on with the series. Even though it’s a dramedies I kept thinking of the practicalities of caring for a paralysed dog when living in an apartment. I need to give it another go, though and look beyond that. I’ve just discovered a comedy series on BBC iplayer called The Chief which I’m finding very funny and there’s another series called Crashing which I’d never heard of before. I’m going to lose iplayer off my tv soon and I’ll be lost until I replace it.

granfromafar Tue 08-Sept-26 20:17:58

Maybee70, why are you going to lose iplayer?

notgran Wed 09-Sept-26 07:15:51

Loved it and binge watched the new/last series. The married couple in the leads and writers are really good as well as the other quirky characters. For some reason I thought I had read somewhere how it ended so was all primed for my reaction at the end. Hilariously I was wrong so the ending was not as expected (no spoilers from me).

BridgetPark Wed 09-Sept-26 12:41:22

If you love Colin from Accounts, give Fisk a try, its brilliantly written, and very funny.

Aveline Wed 09-Sept-26 12:44:49

I'm really enjoying series 3. More so than the last one. The characters are great and so well acted.
I was going to suggest Fisk too but see that's already been mentioned. The Aussies seem good at this sort of programme

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 09-Sept-26 13:00:59

I saw Fisk doing standup last year in Australia. She was hilarious.

Aveline Wed 09-Sept-26 13:35:22

I watch her on Facebook sometimes. Kitty Flanagan is hilarious!

Whitewavemark2 Fri 11-Sept-26 09:52:01

The last in the series is a delight.

Aveline Fri 11-Sept-26 10:12:39

Those two are masters of creating and acting awkward situations. So funny and believable.
I liked the ending too.

blue14 Fri 11-Sept-26 10:44:50

BridgetPark thank you and all the others who suggested Fisk.

I love Colin from Accounts and have just started watching Fisk which certainly is very funny. I like all the characters.

Charleygirl5 Fri 11-Sept-26 11:53:06

Am I the only person who has never heard of it? Which channel is it on please?

Aveline Fri 11-Sept-26 12:28:30

BBC1