Gransnet forums

AIBU

Gross topic, sorry

(102 Posts)
Foxygran Tue 02-Jul-19 17:13:37

Sorry, I know this is both a gross subject and a ridiculous one, but I seriously would like the benefit of your opinion. Who is being unreasonable, my dh or me?!
So, we have just sat outside on sun chairs, enjoying glorious weather and he decides to start chopping his toe nails, all the nails landing in the grass by where I sitting and where we are walking indoors and outdoors, with bare feet. I ask him to stop because I’ll be getting toe nails pressed into the soles of my feet and he is cross with me! Admittedly he stops, but now he’s moody with me. Who is being unreasonable please?!

Rufus2 Sat 06-Jul-19 14:47:49

I wanted to show that pee is good for compost bins
Maybe so! But forget about rats; snakes also like compost bins here, Down Under and can strike up to 3ft.; sucking out the venom is not now encouraged, unless she insists.
They do say it's good for lemon trees, killing off certain creepy-crawlies! Cheers! grin

TrendyNannie6 Fri 05-Jul-19 19:44:58

Wouldn’t bother me in the least

Gonegirl Fri 05-Jul-19 15:03:53

I wanted to show that pee is good for compost bins, so I googled it. Didn't want anyone thinking DH is just too lazy to go indoors. (Now, son would be another matter) I have heard it on gardening programmes too.

NanaandGrampy Fri 05-Jul-19 14:16:26

Did you have that link saved Gonegirl or did you really go and search for it grin !!

Gonegirl Fri 05-Jul-19 12:32:08

hmm

Rufus2 Fri 05-Jul-19 11:15:47

Totally forgot. Why would I remember?
No idea, except that total memory loss is usually a function of old age and incurable. grin

I guess my post with the link was aimed at anybody interested. Not just you
Can't think of anybody who'd be interested in hubby's urinary habits, other than you and your compost residents; certainly not me! grin

Gonegirl Thu 04-Jul-19 19:07:16

Totally forgot. Why would I remember?

Don't usually read your posts. No offence.

I guess my post with the link was aimed at anybody interested. Not just you.

Rufus2 Thu 04-Jul-19 15:27:26

collect it in a container then
Didn't you once say that my posts were rubbish and that you weren't going to waste time reading them? What's changed your mind? shock Not their intellectual content, surely?

Gonegirl Thu 04-Jul-19 15:07:44

collect it in a container then

Rufus2 Thu 04-Jul-19 14:21:59

You wouldn’t want one of those jumping out at you mid-flow. grin
Maggie; Thanks for that warning, but I'm not stupid, despite what people think.grin I was warning someone's hubby who apparently makes a habit of this! My stability is not what it used to be and I doubt if I could react quickly enough to re-direct the stream to hit said rodent between the eyes! Also, he could have his mates around as back-up, so. "Kaput!" sad Safer to stick to toenails methinks!

Maggiemaybe Thu 04-Jul-19 12:06:33

We’ve had rats in our compost heap, Rufus. You wouldn’t want one of those jumping out at you mid-flow. grin

Rufus2 Thu 04-Jul-19 10:39:45

Pissing into compost bins is fraught with dangers, apart from having to take note of wind direction and strength. All sorts of nasties grow in there and like salmon, they can swim upstream to spawn and create havoc in the waterworks, sometimes necessitating amputation. What's this got to do with toenails? hmm

sarahanew Thu 04-Jul-19 08:55:17

Him definitely. He's cross because he knows you're right

Foxygran Thu 04-Jul-19 08:34:01

Well, my husbands toes are nicely ‘manicured’ juneski, but my garden is definitely not!

Foxygran Thu 04-Jul-19 08:31:36

Annep1 ???

OmaforMaya Wed 03-Jul-19 22:38:43

???????

Onestepbeyond Wed 03-Jul-19 21:19:37

Dear oh dear he isn't house-trained is he -

That is deffo a job for the bathroom obligatorily morning bathing ritual - not for your lovely garden

juneski Wed 03-Jul-19 20:28:11

Aww I'm sorry Foxygran, but I think you are the unreasonable one. I often cut my toenails while sitting out on the patio.... But may be my garden isn't as well "manicured" as yours. grin

PamelaJ1 Wed 03-Jul-19 19:54:42

Just done my husband’s. He could do it himself but as I usually do at least one pedicure on a working day this is not much of a chore.
I then hoover the clippings up with my cordless dyson.
Not a problem. I’ve never performed in the garden but there’s always a first time.
Can you hoover with a dyson?

annep1 Wed 03-Jul-19 19:45:05

My husband said he's going to start doing the watering can thing. It will save him having to run in and out to the loo.

Willitwork Wed 03-Jul-19 19:18:45

I'm on your side. There is nothing wrong with cutting toe nails in the garden, I think it's the best place to be honest, but he should have some consideration of where he is doing it and leaving his 'crumbs'.
I also think he should do it in the garden all year round. grin

Foxygran Wed 03-Jul-19 18:30:16

Annep1, you’re welcome! ?

Foxygran Wed 03-Jul-19 18:28:09

GoneGirl, no not at all. It’ll do the garden a world of good. Our neighbour pees in a watering can so he can then dilute it and sprinkle it over the lawn. He has amazing grass.

annep1 Wed 03-Jul-19 18:25:18

Noo Gonegirl I hope the neighbours didnt see. Lol! I wonder does it improve the compost.

Foxygran How nice, thank you. But I hope your DH isn't invited.?

Foxygran Wed 03-Jul-19 18:22:44

Maybe I wasn’t very clear, oldandverygrey. Sorry, I would not wish to offend anyone at all on this post. I have nothing against toenails as such, and if my dh was ever to need any sort of personal care tasks doing, I would do whatever he needed. I worked for the NHS for years so no personal task would faze me. We do anything for our loved ones.
This is about my dearly loved husband leaving his nails under my feet when he could easily have placed them elsewhere!
Best wishes all.