Gransnet forums

AIBU

Small things that annoy me.

(186 Posts)
NanKate Fri 27-Dec-19 20:51:12

Gregory Porter’s daft hat, he does have a good voice though.

Shop assistants who say ‘See you later’ when you are a complete stranger to them.

Winniewit Thu 16-Jan-20 07:00:51

People who say. 'we all love dogs' or 'We all love eating cake'.. Just an example but this generalising winds me up.
Also Naga Munchetty leaning so far away to the left to avoid Charlie.. Does he smell funny?

annsixty Thu 16-Jan-20 07:12:35

I haven’t read all through this thread so forgive me if this is also someone else’s grouch but I get so annoyed by one friend who arranges to pick me up and is always late by anything up to to 15 minutes.
I have to be ready just in case but it is everytime.
Also a relative who arranges a time and then 3times out of4 rearranges it to half an hour before or half an hour later.
I know, I should never have given up driving.

NanKate Thu 16-Jan-20 07:26:09

I would be spitting feathers Ann. I was taught to be a good time keeper by my parents and if I am going to be delayed I immediately text/phone to explain. I am totally with you on this.

Resurgam123 Thu 16-Jan-20 07:38:40

Oh this thread made me laugh.
A grumpy old bag is me at present . Nothing personal.

Shelmiss Thu 16-Jan-20 08:20:43

When you walk into a department store and the assistant says “you alright?”. So I answer sweetly, yes thank you. Then another one appears. “You alright?” I answer a little less sweetly, yes thank you. A third appears. “You alright?”. This time I reply - no I’m not, I’ve got a bloody headache, I’ve just had a row with my daughter/friend/colleague and now I can’t be left in peace by overmade up women with caterpillar eyebrows who won’t leave me alone and instead of asking politely if they can help ask if I’m alright! Of course this is all said in my head. grin

But what the hell happened to can I help you??

Maggymay Thu 16-Jan-20 08:30:08

Weather forecasters who refer to the white stuff and the wet stuff instead of snow and rain.

Shropshirelass Thu 16-Jan-20 08:37:41

Being called 'lover', tuneless humming or whistling. Being told how to do something or what to do when the person telling you hasn't a clue! I could go on and on!

Beswitched Tue 21-Jan-20 20:22:25

'play date'

People bringing trollies through the self service tills

People blowing their nose at the table

Beswitched Tue 21-Jan-20 20:23:31

Oh and people who stick their used fork into a communal serving dish instead of using the spoon supplied.

Bellanonna Tue 21-Jan-20 23:47:06

Oh, yuk!