Gransnet forums

AIBU

Canadian Paparazzi

(113 Posts)
Caramac Wed 22-Jan-20 17:26:07

AIBU to be weary already and unsurprised that Harry and Meghan are threatening legal action against the Canadian Paparazzi?
They should be able to live a more peaceful life but were they really so naive as to think they would be left in peace at this stage?
Maybe they’re just putting a stick in the sand but I think there needs to be a sea change in journalism before any real respect for individuals is shown.

suziewoozie Sat 25-Jan-20 19:27:24

Well that’s strange annie because I saw A photo of KM with a WR trolley and as she was smiling it was of course obvious that she knew she was being photographed.

SirChenjin Sat 25-Jan-20 22:03:02

Yes she was suzie - and she didn’t threaten to sue.

suziewoozie Sat 25-Jan-20 22:47:50

Same scenario - being papped in a public place. The evil witch set it up, St Catherine was the innocent victim. Hummm......

SirChenjin Sun 26-Jan-20 09:26:05

The difference is that M is now threatening to sue for a photo which looked like she was happy to be snapped in a public place with two bodyguards but then threatens to sue. Kate smiled in the same way in a similar situation and .... went about her life, presumably in the knowledge that there would be people who were interested (for reasons known only to themselves) in photos of them in the early days of their marriage doing normal things like shopping or walking the dogs. No legal action required.

Anniebach Sun 26-Jan-20 09:59:53

What’s a WR trolley ?

GagaJo Sun 26-Jan-20 10:02:30

LOL . My question too Anniebach.

ladymuck Sun 26-Jan-20 10:05:48

How can they say they want to be left alone and then deliberately pose for the cameras?

annodomini Sun 26-Jan-20 10:21:29

I deduce that WR is Waitrose (?)

25Avalon Sun 26-Jan-20 10:22:51

If it was a long shot lens then maybe Meghan wasn't aware a photo was being taken but it sure looks like she knew. I noticed the baby sling and thought Archie looked very uncomfortable in it - it seemed to me she was holding him in the sling at a strange angle so she was on best view for a photo shoot. I also noticed the two dogs and wondered how she had proper control of them as their leads didn't look to be proper control ones. Had they seen a squirrel or something they could have jerked off and pulled her over with Archie. Again I am thinking if this was not posed why did the dogs not notice they were being followed, apart from what were the security guys doing strolling nonchalantly behind.
They can't eschew publicity if Meghan wants to resume her actress career. As for Harry, how naïve can you get if he thinks the press is no longer going to be interested. He was born royal and it's not something you can stop.

Fennel Sun 26-Jan-20 12:16:30

Avalon that was my first reaction to the photo - if the dogs suddenly bolted she would be flat on her face on top of Archie.
God forbid.
A baby that size should be in a push-chair/buggy.

Anniebach Sun 26-Jan-20 12:43:45

I think it was set up for a photo shoot, she has very little control of the dogs, holding the lead with her fingers not in a grip, , one strap of the baby carrier has slipped onto her arm, this moves the baby away from her face.

mike28939 Sun 09-Feb-20 23:51:53

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.