Gransnet forums

AIBU

Prince Charles ,diagnosed with Coronavirus

(277 Posts)
Bridgeit Wed 25-Mar-20 10:52:18

Just been announced that PC has been diagnosed with Coronavirus,
AIBU to hope he will receive some empathy from the general public.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 25-Mar-20 11:52:53

paddyanne Prince Charles, Camilla, The Queen and Prince Phillip all relocated before the PM gave the self isolation directive.

Anniebach Wed 25-Mar-20 11:53:03

Second home owners have moved , the difference is they will
use local shops and pubs, I doubt Camilla shops in the supermarket

GrandmaJan Wed 25-Mar-20 11:55:02

EllanVannin I think Camilla gave up smoking some time ago. I hope Prince Charles and everyone else who gets this awful virus makes a speedy recovery.

NanaandGrampy Wed 25-Mar-20 11:55:57

One would suppose Hetty that he got the test because he was ill enough to warrant it.

Jeez !! Honestly , what is it with some people. This situation has brought at the best in many , many people and the absolute worst in some people.

Riverwalk Wed 25-Mar-20 11:58:50

But what about the household staff Annie - they won't all be live-in.

Second-home owners, and a number of my friends are, are often accused of not using local shops as they stock-up in London before the go.

GrannyLaine Wed 25-Mar-20 11:59:35

True colours NanaandGrampy I agree

suziewoozie Wed 25-Mar-20 12:05:38

Yes Hetty our doctors and nurses who are risking their lives can’t get a test but he can. He’ll also have no problems if he needs a ventilator.

suziewoozie Wed 25-Mar-20 12:06:29

You have to be in hospital to get a test atm - is he?

Anniebach Wed 25-Mar-20 12:07:00

Riverwalk they won’t need a large household staff,

NanKate Wed 25-Mar-20 12:17:05

I wish PC all the best. Sincerely hope the Queen is ok.

merlotgran Wed 25-Mar-20 12:18:20

Coronavirus is a leveller. Rich or poor it's a horrible disease which causes huge anxiety for the families of those who test positive. The RF is no different in that respect.

I wish him a speedy recovery and hope Camilla doesn't get it.

NanaandGrampy Wed 25-Mar-20 12:19:26

Perhaps he was tested so appropriate action could take place and so he wouldn't need to take up a scarce hospital bed?

We don't know the facts - but at the end of the day he is an elderly man who has tested positive for a deadly virus. I hope he recovers quickly.

vegansrock Wed 25-Mar-20 12:21:49

He is supposed to have mild symptoms, so not hospitalised. He got a test because he’s Royal obvs. I wonder if his staff who put toothpaste on his brush are being tested too.

BlueBelle Wed 25-Mar-20 12:28:57

Some very bitter vitriolic posters around
I couldn’t care a fig for any of the royal family but I hope he recovers well as a fellow human being

merlotgran Wed 25-Mar-20 12:30:51

His symptoms might be mild at the moment but we all know that doesn't mean anything.

maddyone Wed 25-Mar-20 12:34:05

My husband puts my toothpaste on my brush for me! It’s because I had recent hand surgery and can’t do it myself yet.
I wish Prince Charles and everyone else suffering from Coronavirus a speedy recovery.

maddyone Wed 25-Mar-20 12:36:21

Yes merlot that’s true, mild at first, then later serious, in some people.
I have a cough, but then I usually do as part of having asthma. So it worries me, is this the normal cough or the abnormal cough.

annsixty Wed 25-Mar-20 12:37:18

So do I (wish him well).
Illness is a great leveller.

Anniebach Wed 25-Mar-20 12:38:12

I too wish him well

vegansrock Wed 25-Mar-20 12:45:49

Yes I wish him well too. Just highlights the inequalities in our society - it’s not his fault. It’s not an attack on him personally to comment on this.

Callistemon Wed 25-Mar-20 12:50:10

I wish him well and a speedy recovery as I do anyone else who contracts this terrible virus.
A 70 year old man, although he seems to be fit, is vulnerable as are his wife and parents.
I do not wish it on anyone at all.

Some posters must be as bitter as sour lemons, yes, it is bringing out the worst in some. Their glee is nauseating.

Thank goodness it is bringing out the best in so many.

Oldwoman70 Wed 25-Mar-20 12:51:38

I think he was tested because he was in recent contact with someone who later proved positive.

Many GNs are able to self isolate with a good supply of food there are many people who are not in that position - does that mean all those GNs who can should be castigated

lemongrove Wed 25-Mar-20 12:53:14

The usual bitter awful posts from some on the subject of the RF.
He is just as at risk, given his age as any of us are. He needed to have a test given all the staff at royal houses are coming in contact with him.

Luckygirl Wed 25-Mar-20 12:56:28

I am sorry he has it - but he feels well, which is good. As others have said: how come he got a test if he is not ill?

Riverwalk Wed 25-Mar-20 13:03:27

they won’t need a large household staff,

What they 'need' and what they'll have are two different things. Unless people work 24 hour shifts there will be at least two of the following

Police
Valet/Maid
Chef
Cleaner
Admin
Driver

It's nothing to do with bitterness - people were told not to go to a second residence and there was a lot vitriol aimed at second-home owners here, in the press and elsewhere.