Gransnet forums

AIBU

Ricky Gervais, has a point

(61 Posts)
TerriBull Tue 14-Apr-20 10:51:53

Not for the first time, when he lambastes "some" c'lebs Sam Smith for one, great voice but oh so wet for moaning and groaning about self isolation often in a home with every luxury at their disposal, when medical staff are giving their all at at the front line on 14 hour shifts.

I also think some c'lebs have no nous whatsoever in their vulgarity of displaying, their own so called self isolation, often in very spacious second homes, equipped with every luxury known to man, via Instagram, when some families will be cooped up in small living areas, without outside spaces.

Oopsminty Thu 16-Apr-20 15:30:24

Ditto, Callistemon !

Callistemon Thu 16-Apr-20 15:23:40

Perhaps he prefers his own company to that of anyone else.

Sometimes I feel the same grin

Callistemon Thu 16-Apr-20 15:22:17

They have cloned themselves

Oopsminty Thu 16-Apr-20 15:19:19

I think you may have got it wrong as Sam Smith is a gay man and he is happy being just that

I can assure you I'm not wrong, 3nanny6. For once!

They have decided they are neither male or female

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49688123

It was also all over Twitter at the time. Most news outlets covered it.

Callistemon Thu 16-Apr-20 15:03:57

3Nanny6 perhaps he got bored talking to himself in isolation and he's cloned himself

3nanny6 Thu 16-Apr-20 13:25:16

Oops minty; I think it was your post that said you read that Sam Smith wanted to be called they/them as he was nonbinary.

I have posted above and said he came out as a gay Man on one of his shows. As a gay man that would not make him nonbinary as that term is used for trans gender men/woman who are possibly seeking to have a sex change.
I think you may have got it wrong as Sam Smith is a gay man and he is happy being just that. After all Elton John is also a gay man with a husband it is allowed these days .

3nanny6 Thu 16-Apr-20 13:02:05

A few of these posts are putting me right off Sam Smith now.
Why would he want to be called they /them not He/Him.
I love his voice and often play the C.D, I have of him.
I watched one of his shows and did not care when he publicly gave his small speech about being a gay man. (I already knew that as I had read it somewhere).

I like Sam Smith for his music but if he is getting all Hissy Fits and stroppy then he can get lost he may be gay but he can still man up.

timetogo2016 Thu 16-Apr-20 12:47:56

Spot on Sparklefizz on both accounts.
And don`t those so called celebs love flaunting their wealth.
They have no shame.

May7 Wed 15-Apr-20 15:13:22

Has anyone seen Michael Bubbles Instagram. I think he actually says My People didnt realise he was so controlling. Beware the chargers smile

Eloethan Wed 15-Apr-20 11:51:05

I too am getting a bit fed up with celebrities and their moans.

Ellen de Generes apparently commented that "it's like being in prison" being confined to her home. Then they showed a photograph of her most beautiful and spacious home with lovely grounds, a swimming pool and overlooking a terrific view. Of course, it is annoying for everybody to be restricted in their movements away from home but I think it's the height of insensitivity to make such comments when there are many people living in poky flats, trailer parks, etc.

I'm also getting a bit fed up with some of the people on YouTube who are obviously just trying to raise their profile. For some people this crisis seems to be the excuse to embark on a massive ego trip.

Having said that, there are many posts, video clips, etc., that do help to lighten the mood.

Callistemon Wed 15-Apr-20 09:49:13

Is Benedict Cucumberpatch pulling our legs, BradfordLass?

I would have thought an extremely high earning celeb could pick and choose their agent without having to jump through hoops?

BradfordLass73 Wed 15-Apr-20 01:30:25

In view of the fact that no celebrities can do anything without their agents (often is a contractual thing) I suspect this is all coming from the agents whose fat cheques will be drying up so want to keep their pets in the limelight. 'No such thing as bad publicity' !

I've heard Benedict Cumberbach talking about how agents can force actors and others to do things they don't particularly want or approve of, especially if they are big names.

$$$$$ rules

Callistemon Tue 14-Apr-20 19:59:52

EISNTOW

Maggiemaybe Tue 14-Apr-20 19:56:38

Victoria Beckham, I think.

More to the point, who’s Jane Bettany? Off to do a bit of googling....

Is there going to be another GN novel writing competition then? Now would be the best time to dust off the one that failed so miserably last year if so, and improve on it, naturally!

May7 Tue 14-Apr-20 19:40:42

Who's VB?

Oldwoman70 Tue 14-Apr-20 19:07:19

I agree with Terribull regarding VB - anyone see the photo of the family clapping for the NHS (of course they had to post a photo) and she looked totally bored and miserable (more so than usual)

Sparklefizz Tue 14-Apr-20 18:36:01

I find David Walliams weird too, and I don't like the way he hits on young men, and also on Simon Cowell. It's not funny, and if it was a man hitting on women like that, there would be an outcry, and rightly so. He's an embarrassment in my opinion.

TerriBull Tue 14-Apr-20 17:45:07

Callistemon "Who is Gemma Collins btw" If you don't know who she is, that is a good thing, better it stays that way grin but here's are two little clues, ex TOWIE, no discernible talent hmm

The "side bar of shame" it's an education, but not in a good wayshock

Callistemon Tue 14-Apr-20 16:52:40

What happened there shock

grin grin

Callistemon Tue 14-Apr-20 16:51:56

Terribull ◇frin] [fej ]

Keep it coming!!

Who is Gemma Collins btw? Another nonentity I've never heard of

songstress60 Tue 14-Apr-20 16:46:49

On the first novel competition which was held by Harper Collins last year can we only have entries by UNPUBLISHED writers! The winner 0f 2019 first novel, Jane Bettany, is an established writer, and has had many short stories, and articles published. Hardly a first writer and NOT level playing field to compete in. This year's first novel should only have entrants who have NEVER had anything published. Let's have fairness.

Calendargirl Tue 14-Apr-20 16:33:48

I find David Walliams very strange.....

oscaro11 Tue 14-Apr-20 15:52:26

It’s amazing he has so much time to write so many books?

Oopsminty Tue 14-Apr-20 15:40:28

I love David Walliams!

GillT57 Tue 14-Apr-20 15:37:15

|Amanda Holden is a person I dislike intensely, little or no talent other than of self promotion. I have never rated her, but she plummeted down in my low estimation when she publicly paraded her affair with Neil Morrisey while her then husband Les Dennis was blissfully unaware in the Big Brother house. She humiliated the man, truly vile person that she is. If anyone was going to torture me to give them details of my vast wealth ( hollow laugh) all they would have to do is put me in front of the tv when Britain's Got Talent is on; Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden and the irredeemably creepy David Walliams.......vomit.They should just keep their unwanted opinions to themselves.