Gransnet forums

AIBU

Scaremonger? Me?

(20 Posts)
Oopsminty Sat 02-May-20 10:13:43

I've had a very strange little message from someone I've never heard of telling me to stop my scaremongering.

They won't tell me what I've said though and I'm finding it tiresome looking back

Anyone else got me down as a scaremonger?

I'm not the most prolific of posters

Thank you and I do apologise if I've scared anyone!

Callistemon Sat 02-May-20 10:18:29

I think you should report that to GNHQ, Oopsminty

That's nasty- if someone has something to say surely saying it nicely on the thread should be sufficient.

Glorybee Sat 02-May-20 10:25:58

I’ve never noticed you scaremongering Oopsminty (love that name!) ?

Oopsminty Sat 02-May-20 10:26:15

Thanks, Callistemon,

I think I shall

GrannyGravy13 Sat 02-May-20 10:26:56

Definitely report it to GNHQ

What a cowardly thing to do, if this person had a problem with one of your posts on a thread they should have posted on the thread, not PM'd you.

EllanVannin Sat 02-May-20 10:49:14

We're bound to get one or two oddities on board when people have got nothing else to do. Report it if you feel like doing so, but don't take any notice of these faceless cowards, they're sad.

GagaJo Sat 02-May-20 10:58:56

I had a fake new person (actually an existing member with a new name) messaging me about a month ago.

It’s pathetic Oopsminty. Don’t be intimidated and don’t be cowed by it.

It’s pathetic. Adults acting like children. If they don’t like what you say, they should challenge you in public.

Some people on here really need to get a life.

NOT you Oops. Them.

Oopsminty Sat 02-May-20 11:01:54

Thank you all! thanks

Barmeyoldbat Sat 02-May-20 11:30:30

Not me, I often disagree with people on GN but that is as far as it gos. Suggest you report it.

Oopsminty Sat 02-May-20 12:16:49

Thanks, Barmeyoldmat. I too disagree with people, just like we all do in real life.

But it would never cross my mind to send a little note like that

CherryCezzy Sat 02-May-20 12:17:52

Report it Oopsminty. If someone has a "problem" with something you've posted they should say so on the thread in question and not via a PM! That's just not on, it's intimidation.

rosenoir Sat 02-May-20 12:23:53

Ask the person by name on here what they meant by it,they may answer and give you a chance to explain or it may be that they got the wrong person.

Oopsminty Sat 02-May-20 12:30:42

Hi rosenoir, I don't think I'd be able to name and shame as such. To be honest I've never heard of them. If it was someone I recognised I would

Hopefully they will appear and explain

annsixty Sat 02-May-20 12:38:55

I have wanted to say so much in these last weeks but kept it firmly to myself.
I would not post on a thread and certainly would not be cowardly enough to send a PM.

The only PM’s I have received over the years have been really lovely, supportive and helpful.
These have also been the only ones I have sent.

I have had some unkind posts on threads and knowing how upset I have been I would not do that to someone else.

Actually I did do it once and immediately apologised, I was very cross with myself and have never repeated it.

Just shrug and move on.

SueDonim Sat 02-May-20 12:46:57

How bizarre! Maybe it’s someone wanting to mischief-make, But then you’d expect to them to do that on the forum, not in a PM. hmm

I’m like Annsixty, have only ever had nice PM’s, apart from a couple from men who apparently though we had something in common and wanted to chat. <delete> grin

sodapop Sat 02-May-20 12:53:38

Very odd oopsminty I agree with gagajo some people need to get a life.
Don't let it put you off posting on here that was only one person and the rest of us are supporting you.
Name and shame I say.

glammanana Sat 02-May-20 13:03:59

Mischiefmaking oopsminty someone with nothing better to do,its such a shame when we are supposed to be an adult forum,report to GNHQ.

MissAdventure Sat 02-May-20 13:08:33

I'm quite amazed people bother their sad little selves to send nasty messages.
It doesn't even make sense, since you're not a scaremonger. (Perhaps they're easily scared)

annodomini Sat 02-May-20 13:29:04

You can block the sender and report them to HQ as well. Such people are best ignored.

Iam64 Sat 02-May-20 13:29:21

That sounds strange and very unpleasant. Yes, tell Base Control.