Gransnet forums

AIBU

Refunds from Ryanair.

(14 Posts)
Carenza123 Mon 08-Jun-20 07:49:52

We were due to fly to Spain in July with Jet2. We received an email about our booking which stated that if we wanted a refund, to wait until we heard further - we have since had another email, itemising our flight details and that a full refund would be sent to our credit card account. No hassle! Straightforward! We will not fly with Ryanair again - having experienced bookings through them in the past.

ExD Sun 07-Jun-20 11:06:25

It seems they don't refund the baggage and seat booking costs, even though they insist you book them before you purchase tickets.

MerylStreep Sat 06-Jun-20 20:56:21

Valerie
I'm with you. We were expecting to loose all our money. If that had been the case we would just have had to swallow it and put it down to circumstances.
But easyJet are refunding.

ExD Sat 06-Jun-20 20:45:14

Ooops!
Feel better now ValerieF?

ValerieF Thu 04-Jun-20 18:21:27

To be honest ExD I couldn't be a***d about £20 quid. Go onto MSE website - thousands of people out of pocket with no idea when they will get any money back - some entering into the thousands of pounds!

IF it does worry you so much then join the thousands of others waiting on a refund. I don't only think you are being unreasonable, I think you are being silly.

Daisymae Wed 03-Jun-20 08:39:17

I would consider yourself lucky. I am well over a thousand pounds out of pocket from a cancelled holiday cottage in this country.

kezia Tue 02-Jun-20 21:46:26

We just got the full £177 refunded by PayPal and they are taking it up with Ryanair.

Barmeyoldbat Sat 30-May-20 15:37:01

ExD, its called a Section 75 under the consumer act. Easiest way to do it is google Claiming a Refund from Credit Card., then read up on it if you want or simply find the form to make a claim and send it to your Credit Card Provider. If you need any more help or can't find it send me a message and I will help you through it. God luck

ExD Sat 30-May-20 14:49:57

WHERE do you download this form FROM? Ryanair's or your credit card company's website?
I did pay by credit card as it happens, but now I hear debit cards are offering the same protection. All the same, in an honest world no-one should need protection in the first place.

(I must have been gently reared smile

Barmeyoldbat Fri 29-May-20 21:58:27

Yes you just download a form, fill it in and send away to the credit card provider. This is the first and last time I will use Ryanair

Smileless2012 Fri 29-May-20 19:51:43

Yes it is ExD and why it's much better to use a credit card as you have far more protection.

I should be in Italy now with two friends. Booked flights and accommodation with Jet 2 and a full refund received on the 5th of this month.

I'm sure you'll get your money back Barmeyoldbat if you claim through your credit card provider.

ExD Fri 29-May-20 19:46:15

Is that called a section 75 or something?

Barmeyoldbat Fri 29-May-20 17:39:10

You are lucky to get that amount. I booked to go to Malta but they went into lockdown on the day we were to arrive and we were told by this government not to make unnecessary journeys so we cancelled. But Ryanair still flew TO Malta but cancelled the return flight, so we will only get a refund on our return journey. I have therefore made my claim through my credit card and I am told I should get the full amount.

ExD Fri 29-May-20 16:48:38

Is it unreasonable to expect a FULL refund for air tickets costing £307.48 and to be upset at receiving only £287.54? (For a cancelled holiday which should have started on 24 March?)
What happened to the missing £19.94?
My friend says be thankful for anything, but thats not the point .......