Gransnet forums

AIBU

Sick of Depp & Heard

(83 Posts)
sodapop Wed 22-Jul-20 19:50:32

Is any one else sick and tired of seeing the sordid details of their lives plastered over the media. Rich entitled people who just can't live decent lives.

Kittye Sat 25-Jul-20 16:50:15

The Sussexes, Depp &Heard, the Wags...can’t be bothered reading about them. Skip the pages, sometimes half the newspaper goes unread. I wonder why I buy one ?

Callistemon Sat 25-Jul-20 16:36:35

Blinko I can afford about 5 shillings - will that do?

jaylucy Sat 25-Jul-20 15:47:16

I thought that the whole thing was that he was claiming against a newspaper for printing the story, so why does all the he did , she did stuff have to come out and be splashed everywhere that most people were not previously bothered about?
Seems they are as bad as each other and they both need to close the door on each other and move on.

timetogo2016 Sat 25-Jul-20 15:42:05

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Blinko Sat 25-Jul-20 14:24:47

Callistemon

Apparently the next show on the road is Vardy -v- Rooney.

I really can't wait
What about you?

Oh, I see Blinko forestalled me, please don't sue me, Blinko.

I shall demand a large amount of cash...

Chewbacca Fri 24-Jul-20 22:17:09

Thats a good point Iam64, a lot of water has gone under the bridge since he was with Vanessa Paradis. And AH seems to be involved with Elon Musk these days and he's an "unusual character"! grin

NotTooOld Fri 24-Jul-20 21:43:05

Definitely, JD and AH have become as boring and irrelevant as PH and MM. He did make a lovely Jack Sparrow, though. (JD that is, not PH).

I believe MM is now suing someone in LA for taking pics from a drone of young Archie playing in the garden. What is it with these people?

Iam64 Fri 24-Jul-20 21:39:02

He may not have been violent with his previous partners. By the time he was with AH his alcohol and drug consumption were out of control. AH seems a volatile individual. It was one of those relationships our mother's would have said "they'd spoil another couple".
I think the French call it follie a deux, where two people form a relationship that leads them into paths they wouldn't follow alone, or with a different partner.

Deedaa Fri 24-Jul-20 21:25:45

I find it hard to believe that Vanessa would have lived with him all those years if he was violent. And of course it's academic as far as this case is concerned. He is suing because he was described as a wife beater. As he has not been found guilty of wife beating this was defamation.

Chewbacca Fri 24-Jul-20 20:01:19

Vanessa Paradis and Wynona Ryder have given glowing character references for him Callistemon, even going so far as to say that he's "kind, gentle and loving individual".

Callistemon Fri 24-Jul-20 20:00:37

Heard? Is that right?
Herd? Rudd?
I lose track

merlotgran I'm just wondering if I can make a few bob by suing someone
hmm

Chewbacca Fri 24-Jul-20 19:59:03

You are who you sue that would make an excellent meme!

Callistemon Fri 24-Jul-20 19:58:42

Not all wives, but six partners altogether.

He's not a keeper, is he?

It is him suing The Sun newspaper, not Depp -v- Heard

merlotgran Fri 24-Jul-20 19:57:34

Callistemon

I really can't wait
What about you?

Isn't it all so stupidly childish? Too much money and not enough to do with their time other than prance about on their 'platforms,' and I don't mean heels.

Next one up will be Harry and Meghan again, suing some unknown paparazzo with a handy drone hmm

It seems, 'You are who you sue.' grin

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 24-Jul-20 19:52:34

He seems to have had a few wives but not beaten any of them - why her?

Callistemon Fri 24-Jul-20 19:50:42

PamelaJ1

Well I, for one, am in total awe of her make-up artist. She is truly amazing.

grin

Callistemon Fri 24-Jul-20 19:49:03

I really can't wait
What about you?

maddyone Fri 24-Jul-20 19:15:11

In answer to the original question, yes, I’m sick and tired of hearing or seeing anything about it. I’m not interested and simply don’t want to know.

Blinko Fri 24-Jul-20 19:07:50

Why on earth do the MSM think we are at all interested in this disgusting washing of dirty linen in public? Get it off the air, FGS!

Another spat wending its way in our direction is the wretched Vardy/Rooney nonsense. What sheer codswallop.

Serendipity22 Fri 24-Jul-20 18:27:56

Dont know why my *'s were not printed..

The sentence was supposed to say SERIOUSLY arguing the toss who had MESSED the bed

Serendipity22 Fri 24-Jul-20 18:25:16

Yes,hear, hear ...
Absolutely fed up to back teeth.... they're both as bad as each other..... I dont read a thing about them now, I see their photos and the headlines and that's quite enough for me, I mean SERIOUSLY, arguing the toss in court as to who had the bed !!!!!!!!!

THAT in itself says a LOT about the pair of em

Lexisgranny Fri 24-Jul-20 18:07:35

As we are swamped with statistics at the moment, I would be really interested to know the percentage of viewers who “turn over” as soon as the names Depp or Heard are mentioned. The only problem is at the times of the main news they are on every channel.

PamelaJ1 Fri 24-Jul-20 17:53:09

Well I, for one, am in total awe of her make-up artist. She is truly amazing.

Toadinthehole Fri 24-Jul-20 17:48:09

It comes under the category of “ don’t know them, don’t care”. I only ever heard the headlines at the beginning of the news, once it came on in full, we just switched off.

sodapop Fri 24-Jul-20 17:28:42

For sure Chewbacca no dignity or integrity there.