Gransnet forums

AIBU

Ramping up the anxiety

(29 Posts)
JuneRose Wed 16-Sep-20 22:25:16

This new surge in covid cases, the appalling shambles of the testing facilities with people reportedly unable to get tests in their areas, added to the threat of a second lockdown. Throw in the likelihood of a no deal Brexit and the environmental disasters that keep happening all round the world ... Well it's all starting to get to me now. I've managed to stay reasonably ok throughout but I must admit I'm feeling really quite anxious tonight.

biba70 Fri 18-Sep-20 17:21:48

Being totally calm, when surrounded by fire - is NOT a normal reaction.

I feel for you JuneRose- and feel the same. I make the best of every day, small joys of every kind and lots of humour and interesting stuff- but I am fearful for my grandchildren and their future world- both in UK and worldwide. hugs

AGAA4 Fri 18-Sep-20 17:35:21

I hope you are feeling better now JuneRose. Night time always makes things feel worse. I think it is normal to feel anxious sometimes about the situation we are all in. flowers

Sparklefizz Fri 18-Sep-20 19:15:59

Liz46

We are in self imposed semi lockdown due to me being 'extremely vulnerable'. We cancelled our holiday to India and really can't see ourselves getting on a plane anytime soon.

So one of my daughters made me get an eight week old kitten. She said that she would take it if we struggled. We have had him a few days and he is absolutely beautiful. Our house is a smelly mess but nobody visits us at the moment so it doesn't matter.

He is very, very pretty but my husband has renamed him 'dragonarse' (sorry but how can such a pretty, tiny little thing produce something so smelly?) He is fluffy and we washed his bottom twice yesterday evening without resolving the problem.

He was terrified when we first got him and a few days later is now very happy and has us firmly under control.

Liz46 He sounds absolutely gorgeous. Has he got stinking silent wind? I had a darling little rescue kitten who could clear the room. There would be no noise, just an all-pervading dreadful smell. I took her to the vet and he laughed but prescribed something which worked. I think she had parasites or similar.

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with him. I couldn't have got through months of solitary confinement without my lovely Phoebe.