Gransnet forums

AIBU

I don’t need a reply just needed to tell someone

(69 Posts)
pinkjj27 Fri 01-Jan-21 13:16:23

I don’t post very often but just need someone to tell.
I am a widow with lupus and anxiety issues so I have just been keeping to myself.
. Last night my next door neighbour had a party about 70 people. I was thinking about reporting it on line but police turn before I had a chance. The police did nothing. Party went on till 3 am.
This morning the young girlwho held the party knocked on my door screaming at me, calling me old and Dried up, she called me a nutter and said she started a petition to get me evicted. She told me to go shag my dead husband. she just kept saying "look how beautiful I am and look at you dried up jealous lonely old cow even your husband died to get away from you". Even your family don’t want you. I had to force my door shut as she was pushing against it.

I called the police who rang me back and said they can’t come out but just to ignore her and report it to my local council.
I do suffer mental health issues and I can’t stop shaking I don’t need any one to respond, but I feel so alone and just needed to tell someone. It wasn’t even me that phoned the police.

Nicegranny Sun 21-Feb-21 22:11:42

Pinkjj
I just want to put my arm around you and give you a hug.
You have great advice here l don’t need to add anything just to say that young woman who is apparently so beautiful on the outside is ugly to the core.
I hope you are getting some comfort from everyone here.

Nanban Sun 21-Feb-21 21:17:23

Somebody screaming in your face is not beautiful inside or out. You were beautiful to your husband - something she hasn’t had or experienced. Don’t settle for the police doing nothing. If it happens again say you are vulnerable and under threat and maybe, if she is renting, approach her landlord. This rotten time will end and life will get better.

Blue5 Fri 15-Jan-21 22:19:46

You sound like a lovely neighbour , wish you lived next door to me . I know what its like to have a horrible neighbour but you have done nothing wrong . Its her that has the problem . Hope you are OK

Elrel Fri 15-Jan-21 22:08:29

I have been wondering how you are, all right I hope and getting some support. ?

Blinko Tue 12-Jan-21 20:25:57

Dear me, Pinkj she sounds awful. So glad you came on here to say what's been happening. Hope you feel you've had some good advice. Sending flowers

Evoha16 Tue 12-Jan-21 19:18:17

How awful - make sure you have a Covid test ????

Hetty58 Sat 09-Jan-21 09:18:07

I'd love to know which subjects you teach, too!

Hetty58 Sat 09-Jan-21 09:06:23

pinkjj27, the police would need a very good reason to refuse attendance, especially when threatening behaviour is involved. There must be more to this story.

Elrel Sat 09-Jan-21 08:59:50

Pink - Glad to see the huge support and (mostly!) helpful suggestions on here. I had a neighbour problem a few months ago. Other neighbours were aware but, understandably, didn’t want to get involved. What I did, although not going out often, was exchange a few words of greeting each time I happened to see anyone. As it was summer I was sometimes gardening in the front. My outdoor exercise was limited to walks to the post box and putting the bins out but I briefly greeted everyone I saw. This made me feel a lot less nervous. A councillor was extremely helpful over the legal aspects of the situation. One neighbour I already knew better than most rang me occasionally to check I was all right and said to ring any time I felt I needed support.
I am far more confident now and sleep better.
You sound like a kind and sensible person who deserves a calm life, don’t feel alone. You did the right thing in posting here.

DiscoDancer1975 Tue 05-Jan-21 09:24:34

Just wondered how everything is pink. Are you feeling better?

lemongrove Sat 02-Jan-21 13:24:29

Unhinged behaviour is definitely being shown.

Alexa Sat 02-Jan-21 11:35:41

Yogagirl:

"As the police are still in contact with you, ask them to tell her it wasn't you that reported her party. Good luck."

The abuser sounds unhinged nevertheless this sort of conflict resolution might get through to her.

Tweedle24 Sat 02-Jan-21 09:11:06

Yogagirl

So sorry Pink. Put a note through their door and tell them it wasn't you. What awful things to say to you. Hope you're OK today flowers

I don’t think that would help. Pink is not dealing with a rational person. Even if she had been the one to report the party, that was hardly a ‘normal’ response.

What a dreadful experience! Support definitely needed here. All the helpful advice should be taken up.

Hope you are feeling a bit better today,

TerriBull Sat 02-Jan-21 09:09:06

I've just read your opening post OP and then further on when you expanded on your relationship with your aggressive neighbour. I'm so sorry, you sound such a lovely caring person, she should be counting her lucky stars to have someone like you around, clearly a kind and thoughtful person. She has been unbelievable cruel with her words, she won't be young forever, and maybe when she has reached her older years, her own nasty comments may come back to slap her in the face, I like to believe in karma. Quite honestly they way you describe she comes across as really base, conniving and selfish in the extreme, almost to the point of being unhinged.

Somebody upthread mentioned Age Concern I hear they do good work with older people experiencing problems. I know you don't want to involve your family but I think you should let them know how she has verbally abused you in the most horrific way, as for getting your children struck off from the dental practice where she works, as a receptionist, I doubt whether she would have the power to do that. There are many helpful suggestions posted here, I think you probably need to be a bit proactive in dealing with someone who is an absolute monster.

I wish you all the best and hopefully happier times flowers

Yogagirl Sat 02-Jan-21 08:48:52

As the police are still in contact with you, ask them to tell her it wasn't you that reported her party. Good luck.

Yogagirl Sat 02-Jan-21 08:27:07

So sorry Pink. Put a note through their door and tell them it wasn't you. What awful things to say to you. Hope you're OK today flowers

WOODMOUSE49 Fri 01-Jan-21 23:25:32

Find out who your local councillor is. They are more likely to help you than the police.

Do as eazybee says about the police too.

OceanMama Fri 01-Jan-21 22:26:51

I'm so sorry you had that experience. What an awful woman. You don't deserve that kind of treatment. flowers

TrendyNannie6 Fri 01-Jan-21 22:06:06

She sounds as though she should be on the Jerry springer show, what a vile human being and what a lovely mouth on her, I’m so sorry this happened to you, I have a feeling she will be signing her pathetic petition many times herself pink! She certainly needs putting in her place, Don’t worry I doubt if this is a one off episode obviously shocking for you but she will soon realise you can’t get away with this sort of bullying behaviour, hopefully karma will bite her on her bum

Whingingmom Fri 01-Jan-21 18:58:59

I don’t have any advice other than that has already been given, just that I’m so sorry someone was so horrible to you. You must have felt very shocked and shaken up. I am sending you good thoughts and a virtual hug x

Artaylar Fri 01-Jan-21 18:50:53

I'm so sorry that you have been on the receiving end of such vile behaviour pinkjj27, she sounds an absolutely appalling disgrace to the human race.

Action on Elder Abuse has a free confidential helpline which might be worth trying for both practical advice and moral support
www.thenationalcareline.org/AccessingHelp/ActionOnElderAbuse

Toadinthehole Fri 01-Jan-21 18:45:52

Aww, bless you, you sound lovely. *Disco’s post was funny, and so true. She said to feel sorry for her husband and children.....but also, I would add, her too. Happy people don’t need to be so disgustingly awful to others. Just take comfort in that she’s obviously a very unhappy person. I do hope you get it sorted. Hopefully, she’ll be sent into outer space or somewhere further. God bless?

Ohmother Fri 01-Jan-21 18:38:44

You don’t have to justify yourself to anyone. I guess the petition thing is something she’s heard at her previous location. I bet her old neighbours got one up to move HER on! You are not in danger of being moved out my lovely.

pinkjj27 Fri 01-Jan-21 18:07:20

Teeth whitening

pinkjj27 Fri 01-Jan-21 18:05:24

Thank you to everyone who replied I was very upset this morning and just wanted to join my husband. I had done nothing wrong and didn’t see it coming. There are many neighbours in my street who could have called the police but she didn’t accuse them she actually picked on me as the only person who lives alone. I think as you lovely people have suggested it says more about her than me.
I was upset because she said she had a petition to get me out. After thinking about it, I am very quiet and don’t bother anyone. I get on with most people I can’t see many people wanting to sign it.
I was upset because she picked on my dead husband but he was a fighter fighter and would have just laughed.

I also know that she has stolen from the dentist she works for taking teeth whiting kits, mouthwashes and tooth paste and passing them to friends (I refused to take or buy anything from her. I also made her aware I didn’t approve)

I felt bad by her hurtful comments (I have always been so kind to her) but post on here like the one from DiscoDancer1975 have made me laugh. She called me jealous but I don’t want to look like Kim Kardashian. I actually keep myself slim and healthy and I am proud of the person I am. I have now put her comments into perspective with the help of replies on here so thank you again .