Gransnet forums

AIBU

Vaccine rollout

(14 Posts)
H1954 Sun 07-Feb-21 13:39:15

I agree with other comments, at 67 and having heart problems based on your age alone you should get the vaccine at the next banding which I believe is 65+, perhaps sooner hopefully.

I'm volunteering at a Vaccination Hub and we're having some very young adults through so obviously the criteria set out for those with medical conditions seems to be working. I also suspect that a great deal depends on the local CCG.

SpringyChicken Sun 07-Feb-21 13:31:45

I'm confident the vaccine appointments are being given fairly. You'll be called soon.

Dottynan Sun 07-Feb-21 13:22:31

My husband is 65 and has been called for vaccination on Wednesday 11th

BigBertha1 Sun 07-Feb-21 13:14:35

I had mine yesterday I am 68 on Friday. I was delighted. I hope you all get yours soon. smile

grandmajet Sun 07-Feb-21 11:48:12

65 to 70 year olds are the next to be called. So don’t worry.

maddyone Sun 07-Feb-21 11:44:39

We are 67 and 68 and got the message last week. We’ve made our appointments for next Wednesday afternoon.

flaxwoven Sun 07-Feb-21 11:00:33

I am 70 and had my vaccine (Astrazeneca) on Friday evening. Our GP had drawn up priority lists and I was contacted by phone in the morning and asked if I could come in the evening. At the door was a man with a clipboard ticking off your name to ensure you had an appointment. Then masked and socially distanced we queued to wait to be told to approach one of the five desks. The nurse who did mine looked absolutely exhausted. She asked my date of birth, postcode etc to check on the computer that I was registered. It was extremely well organized and quick. The NHS are doing a fantastic job and thank goodness this time it was not outsourced to a private company with no experience. I am sure you will be called soon. A friend of mine with Parkinsons who is 66 was called about 3 weeks ago. I am sure you will be called. No one over 50 can rush into the centres. You have to have an appointment.

Smileless2012 Sun 07-Feb-21 10:58:58

I don't think there'll be a "mad rush" because everyone is called for their vaccine.

suziewoozie Sun 07-Feb-21 10:57:11

The message the government was trying to give was its target for all
50s and over to be vaccinated by. As others have said, the order of priority remains, You should be called very soon now.

Alegrias1 Sun 07-Feb-21 10:42:13

Here's the JCVI priority list. As a 67 year old you're already way ahead of the over 50s and with a heart condition that might put you even higher on the list, so I wouldn't worry. They are calling the groups in order although there are bound to be overlaps, I should think.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-care-home-and-healthcare-settings-posters/covid-19-vaccination-first-phase-priority-groups

Good luck!

rubysong Sun 07-Feb-21 10:36:18

I am 69 and had mine on Friday. DH is over 70 and asked if I could have it as well. They said they were happy for over 65s to be done. I think it helped that it was the end of the afternoon and no queue.

EllanVannin Sun 07-Feb-21 10:18:10

Speak to your GP. They have lists, presumably, of those who are the most vulnerable.

Blossoming Sun 07-Feb-21 10:18:02

I think over 65s are way ahead of over 50s in the vaccine queue, so hopefully you will have yours soon.

Mohum Sun 07-Feb-21 10:14:16

I am concerned that the offer of vaccines to the over 50's will create a mad rush to the centres. As a 67 year old carer with heart problems, I would like to be higher up the queue than a healthy 51 year old.