Gransnet forums

AIBU

Things that made you grumpy today (lighthearted)

(15 Posts)
Sallywally1 Fri 19-Feb-21 23:22:51

Ok
Came home from work. Unexpected bill for £10 from new window cleaner who I had instructed NOT to do job until we spoke.
Whilst composing email to above window cleaner over boiled fish for fish pie (which was lovely). Terrible mess with milk to clear up
Light I ordered didn’t work, so have to send it back, loads of wrapping up to do, grumble.

First world problems and how lucky mine are (for now, though like everyone i have many more serious ones) minor.

Anyone else had trivial, though irritating, problems today.

B9exchange Fri 19-Feb-21 23:55:02

Thank you for starting this!

The printer suddenly decided out of nowhere that it wouldn't recognise the inks, just as I was trying to print off a quiz for an online Skype link up.

The replacement bath panel doesn't fit, and the firm that sent it told me today they want £25 to take it back.

One of the cats was sick all over the utility room floor, staining the grouting in the tiles.

All minor irritations as you say, but frustrating none the less.

Mollygo Sat 20-Feb-21 00:23:40

A parcel I wasn’t expecting had been delivered whilst I was on the daily trek. Envisaging another 3 day wait before Royal Mail would redeliver I was very grumpy. Then my neighbour called out that she had taken my parcel in and it turned out to be a box of MontyBojangles chocolates.?

Witzend Sat 20-Feb-21 09:22:50

It was yesterday, but that profoundly irritating Peleton TV ad that came on so many times while dh was watching A Greek Odyssey.

I know I’m just a grumpy old bag now but what possesses people to pay a lot of money for a treadmill, with a sweaty American bloke shouting at you, defeats me!

Grandmabatty Sat 20-Feb-21 09:47:54

Witzend I absolutely agree! A really irritating advert. That one ,and Gordon and June wittering about life insurance. I forgot to order blueberries when shopping online and it's too late to change my order now. Another first world problem!

Luckygirl Sat 20-Feb-21 09:54:29

Leaking guttering - do I try and get them mended before I move or leave it to the buyers?

Leaking washing machine - I have to pack it with towels to use it. It has reached the end to its useful life and just has to teeter on until I move when it will go to the tip.

Leaking roof - a tile needs replacing but chap cannot come today as it is too wet!

Leaking bladder with a mind of its own.

Leaking sky! grin

timetogo2016 Sat 20-Feb-21 11:22:16

I think i`ll stop in bed today.
Good luck Gransnetters.

nanna8 Sat 20-Feb-21 11:24:42

A queue jumper at Costco and a very slow check out assistant. He took forever, didn’t care either.

henetha Sat 20-Feb-21 12:25:00

Trying to activate my new bank card on the phone.. So many details, so much security. And I've been with the same bank for years.
But at least he was pleasant.

Witzend Sat 20-Feb-21 14:30:11

Nothing at all so far today - I must be sickening for something. wink

adrisco Sat 20-Feb-21 18:36:36

Fridge-freezer has died a death, ditto freesat box. Tried to cut my own hair .. very big mistake!

grumppa Sat 20-Feb-21 19:10:35

Grumpy? With a name like mine? Perish the thought!

crazyH Sat 20-Feb-21 19:14:39

The Welsh weather - damp, dark, dreary - ?

Casdon Sat 20-Feb-21 19:17:37

I’m with you there *crazyH, I’m in Wales too, and the weather has been enough to drive a woman to drink (not the rain though!)

sodapop Sat 20-Feb-21 19:45:05

Problems accessing GN and connecting to threads. I think it may be a broadband issue rather than a site one. It's annoying.