Gransnet forums

AIBU

What do you think about piers piers Morgan

(43 Posts)
Grimbarian Fri 12-Mar-21 13:55:32

What do you think?

Dinahmo Fri 12-Mar-21 19:15:35

I started watching GMB a few months ago because found him much better at taking govt spokesmen/ministers to task. Sadly those on breakfast are required to be even handed. One of the reasons that we saw so much of Mark Francois and Farage on the Beeb was because there weren't that many others who could find the time to put forward decent arguments.

MerylStreep Fri 12-Mar-21 19:15:58

Blossoming
I prefer the one in my home town: Southend on Sea.

LadyGracie Fri 12-Mar-21 19:27:22

I worked with a chap not that many years ago, I used to sneak passed him and pinch his backside and he the same, it was all a bit of fun, I’d known and worked with him for years, I played squash with his wife too.

You misunderstand me Lucca what is considered these days as offensive was taken as anything but just a few years ago.

overthehill Fri 12-Mar-21 19:34:22

I'm not a fan but glad there are outspoken people like him in these days of fear in case you say the wrong thing and get accused of upsetting everyone

Lucca Fri 12-Mar-21 19:38:52

Blossoming

I have never pinched men’s bottoms. I feel I am missing out.

Bad luck blossoming.

Lucca Fri 12-Mar-21 19:40:29

timetogo2016

Agree Lady Gracia:
Lucca,seriously ?.
What about when women did the same in pinching mens bottoms and they laughed it off,
And being offensive is only if YOU find it offensive but it could just be an opinion.
Free speech only doesn`t exist to some.
And it tends to be for some people that have had a damn good life.

I don’t wish to be rude but I don’t understand your post

Lucca Fri 12-Mar-21 19:41:27

“ You misunderstand me Lucca what is considered these days as offensive was taken as anything but just a few years ago.”

Well that is my point. Doesn’t mean it was right !

grumppa Fri 12-Mar-21 20:03:02

Not only have I never pinched a woman’s bottom, but no woman has ever pinched mine. Bit late, now.

Blossoming Fri 12-Mar-21 20:04:12

MerylStreep I haven’t visited Southend so far, I was reading a very interesting article about The Broomway, which I believe is quite near.

mrshat Fri 12-Mar-21 21:04:38

Not a lot!

nanna8 Fri 12-Mar-21 22:40:38

Most countries have people like him in the media. It is a niche that attracts an audience. We had Alan Jones here. Whether he really believes some of the things he says, who knows ? Germaine Greer also comes to mind- they make their money by being outrageous and going against the trend. People get sucked in and believe what they are saying but a lot of them are just acting a part.

ValerieF Wed 24-Mar-21 19:59:04

Bit late joining this. Never really liked Morgan. Too opinionated was my view. Shouts people down. UNTIL the Markle Debacle! Thought he was “spot on”. And yes despite it all I miss his presence on GMTV Even if it is only to disagree totally with his comments ?

nadateturbe Wed 24-Mar-21 21:03:18

I don't always agree with him but I like how he speaks his mind and miss him on GMTV.

Gannygangan Wed 24-Mar-21 21:08:41

I used to find it quite difficult to watch Piers Morgan. His journalistic technique was most unfortunate. You really shouldn't just shout someone down you don't agree with

However I have to say I miss him on GMB. Susannah is flailing away, trying to emulate him and failing dismally

Ben Shepherd is a charming chap but rather dull.

BBC Breakfast is unwatchable.

crazyH Wed 24-Mar-21 21:12:30

I like PM

Blossoming Wed 24-Mar-21 21:48:50

I don’t watch daytime TV. I was never a fan of his ‘journalism’.

maddyone Wed 24-Mar-21 22:29:39

I never watch breakfast tv. I neither like nor dislike PM because I have never watched/listened to him. What has been reported that he said about the Meghan and Harry interview I would agree with, but whether I’d agree with him on any other subject I have no idea.