Gransnet forums

AIBU

Piers Morgan and Jeremy Clarkson

(77 Posts)
Catlover21 Sun 04-Apr-21 12:57:35

AIBU to expect Piers Morgan and Jeremy Clarkson to stop having a go at Prince Harry and Meghan. To me their behaviour and the continual reporting in the press of their various obnoxious statements smacks of bullying.

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 07-Apr-21 18:36:41

Many years ago I read P Morgan’s first volume of biography. It was a hoot. Since then nothing, and I don’t watch him on the telly, or J Clarkson either. They both seem to be tiny willy wavers.

LauraNorder Wed 07-Apr-21 18:25:53

Catlover21

What happened to if you don’t have something nice to say just keep quiet. I thought kindness is the current catchword

Do you think we’d soon get bored if everyone on tv only said nice kind things.
I can’t say I’d doze off from boredom cos I usually drop off anyway but I’m ashamed to say I would probably switch off.

Catlover21 Wed 07-Apr-21 18:02:25

What happened to if you don’t have something nice to say just keep quiet. I thought kindness is the current catchword

Lillie Wed 07-Apr-21 16:47:41

My husband likes these two. I'm getting concerned now.
He also likes those awful Russell Brand and Chris Evans types.
It is little boy jokes.

Callistemon Wed 07-Apr-21 16:35:28

It's the kind of thing that little boys love when they go through that toilet joke and whoopee cushion phase.

They usually grow out of it by 10.

Alegrias1 Wed 07-Apr-21 16:32:52

Agreed Laura.

LauraNorder Wed 07-Apr-21 16:30:50

Thank you Alegrias, yes puerile, pathetic, unnecessary. I wouldn’t dream of defending but a one off tv programme to be ignored in future.
Still not in the same league as the daily ranting of Piers Morgan which bordered on abuse.

Alegrias1 Wed 07-Apr-21 16:20:00

Laura: www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yazTEFR2-w

The bodily function bit. You only need to watch the first couple of minutes, before he moves on to something else.

Callistemon Wed 07-Apr-21 16:12:14

LauraNorder

Didn’t see the programme where Clarkson gave an opinion about MM. I assume the same programme where he was ‘puerile and using bodily functions to make his point’. Can anybody tell me the name of the programme and which channel so that I can see for myself and form an opinion.

shock
Bodily functions on TV?
Whatever next!

LauraNorder Wed 07-Apr-21 16:10:15

Didn’t see the programme where Clarkson gave an opinion about MM. I assume the same programme where he was ‘puerile and using bodily functions to make his point’. Can anybody tell me the name of the programme and which channel so that I can see for myself and form an opinion.

Alegrias1 Wed 07-Apr-21 15:51:20

I really don't get this "entitled to their opinions" thing. Of course they are, in private, or when speaking for themselves.

But Clarkson was just being puerile and using bodily functions to make a rather dubious joke. Not opinions.

Morgan is entitled to his opinions but it is not acceptable on a nationwide news program (if you want to describe GMB as such) to say someone was lying when they said they were suicidal. If Morgan wants to stand on a box at Speakers Corner and rail at any woman he doesn't like, fair enough.

Iam64 Wed 07-Apr-21 15:47:36

suziewoozie

Chewbacca

They are two willy waving men probably with not much to wave

Drat! I missed that bit! Is it on catch up?

Not missed much ?

????

Namsnanny Wed 07-Apr-21 15:35:17

JC and PM are ntitled to voice their opinion, as H and M are theirs.
Cancelled each other out as far as I'm concerned.
I switch off when either of them is on, cant stand career victims, or career loud mouthsgrin.

LauraNorder Wed 07-Apr-21 14:44:50

I’ve never been a fan of Piers Morgan, I’m not a fan of Meghan Markle either but in the clips I saw of his attitude towards her, I thought he was down right disgraceful.
I liked Clarkson in Top Gear, I like a bit of sarcasm and irreverence. I quite like him on millionaire but cringe sometimes when he’s a bit cruel to those who seem less knowledgeable than they should be. I prefer him to the boring Chris Tarrant.
I didn’t watch the show mentioned where Clarkson apparently criticised MM. He’s entitled to his opinion and as long as it wasn’t an ott daily rant I wouldn’t be concerned.

maddyone Wed 07-Apr-21 13:43:14

I watched Who Wants to be a Millionaire last night. It’s now hosted by Jeremy Clarkson, who I have never liked. However he does seem rather toned down in this programme, so maybe he’s been given his orders about behaviour.

Daisend1 Wed 07-Apr-21 11:19:17

Stopped watching /listening /reading just about anything and everything that involves Jeremy C .

grandmajet Wed 07-Apr-21 11:06:58

You are spot on GrannyGravy. GMTV viewing figures shot up with Piers Morgan and have plummeted since he left.
He did become almost a caricature of his old self and I stopped
watching the show because of him, but clearly many did continue to watch, and enjoyed his challenging of politicians.

muse Wed 07-Apr-21 10:43:32

After seeing them both once, I don't watch, listen or read about either of them. I'd never deliberately seek out to do so either.
So I'm now wondering why did I open up this thread to read about them. angry

GrannyGravy13 Wed 07-Apr-21 10:25:39

Sorry...

If we turn off, stop purchasing the Editors and Programme Producers would stop employing them. Their futures are in your hands folks!!

GrannyGravy13 Wed 07-Apr-21 10:16:41

Not a fan of either of these men (or Katie Hopkins), Piers Morgan started holding politicians to account on GMB as the media should, unfortunately I think he started to believe he was bigger and better than he actually was/is.

I am a firm believer in free speech, I do not like what they say or the manner in which they deliver it however, I firmly defend their right to say it.

We all have an off switch on our devices / televisions and no one forces us to buy or read any publication they write for, or anyone else who we find objectionable for that matter.

Alegrias1 Wed 07-Apr-21 09:25:54

grandmajet

If a woman is criticised for being loud, pushy and opinionated she is often defended by other women who say, she’s only being criticised because she’s a woman, men are allowed to be like that. It’s not fair.
Clearly not.
I’m not over keen on either of them btw.

"Pushy" is a word that's only used for women and children, men are never described as pushy in my experience. Nobody has accused Clarkson or Morgan of being "pushy".

They are being criticised for they way they behave, which is bullying and insulting.

Women who behave that way are also criticised. Katie Hopkins for instance.

nanna8 Wed 07-Apr-21 01:36:28

I don’t know Piers Morgan but Clarkson appears here from time to time. Overgrown schoolboy if ever there was, wouldn’t listen to anything he says. Maybe he recognises something of himself in Meghan. Takes one to know one.

grandmajet Tue 06-Apr-21 11:37:03

If a woman is criticised for being loud, pushy and opinionated she is often defended by other women who say, she’s only being criticised because she’s a woman, men are allowed to be like that. It’s not fair.
Clearly not.
I’m not over keen on either of them btw.

Blossoming Tue 06-Apr-21 10:28:05

Don’t like ‘em, don’t watch ‘em. They’re deliberately offensive because it pulls in the crowds.

Sarnia Tue 06-Apr-21 10:25:43

I have made a decision not to read any articles or watch programmes about H & M. I find them opinionated, insulting, untruthful, entitled and patronising. The years I have left of my life are too short to spend another nanosecond on them, so I won't be listening/reading anything Piers Morgan or Jeremy Clarkson have to say about them.