Gransnet forums

AIBU

Piers Morgan and Jeremy Clarkson

(76 Posts)
Catlover21 Sun 04-Apr-21 12:57:35

AIBU to expect Piers Morgan and Jeremy Clarkson to stop having a go at Prince Harry and Meghan. To me their behaviour and the continual reporting in the press of their various obnoxious statements smacks of bullying.

BlueBelle Sun 04-Apr-21 13:00:00

They are two of a kind ....big headed arrogant bullies I can’t bear to see either of them hideous men disgraceful behaviour

Mollygo Sun 04-Apr-21 13:07:48

It’s not unreasonable to wish their comments were not given prominence in the press or the media. I know nothing about anything they say because I don’t watch if they’re on. It’s the only way to avoid it.

trisher Sun 04-Apr-21 13:12:26

Yes you are being unreasonable. They are obnoxious people I wouldn't expect anything else from them.

Jaxjacky Sun 04-Apr-21 13:16:18

I haven’t seen any of it since the incident of Piers walking off a TV programme which was widely reported.

JaneJudge Sun 04-Apr-21 13:21:13

I wonder how many complaints JC actually got last night? shock

timetogo2016 Mon 05-Apr-21 16:33:39

As much as they may be disliked, they are allowed their opinion as many Gransnetters have theirs.
Free speech and all that.
IMO.

MerylStreep Mon 05-Apr-21 16:39:00

Catlover21
Here’s a piece of advice to help you stop getting angry.
Stop watching, listening, reading anything from the above.
It’s not difficult.

Callistemon Mon 05-Apr-21 16:43:29

What MerylStreep said.

I was only aware that PM and JC were having a go because I read it on GN!

Was JC whingeing about them on Who Wants to be a Millionaire? I wasn't aware he was on any other programme.
And PM has gone into the blue yonder hasn't he?

Anniebach Mon 05-Apr-21 16:49:07

I have only watched Morgan once , he interviewed Rupert Everett. Didn’t know Clarkson had a new programme so watched it after reading the O/P.

One joke about Meg, what about the jokes about Matt Baker, went on for ages and about others .

maddyone Mon 05-Apr-21 17:15:44

Yes, you’re being unreasonable. Don’t watch, read, or listen to anything they say and then you won’t be upset. I think that’s what most people do.

eazybee Mon 05-Apr-21 17:25:28

Perhaps they are trying to provoke MM into suing them.

suziewoozie Mon 05-Apr-21 17:30:03

They are two willy waving men probably with not much to wave. I only hear about them second hand and that’s too much. Yuk.

Ngaio1 Mon 05-Apr-21 17:30:52

At least they were trying to defend our Queen.

Anniebach Mon 05-Apr-21 17:33:47

Has Clarkson said anything about her before that programme ?

N4n4 Mon 05-Apr-21 17:35:10

I'm with suziewoozie!

BlueBelle Mon 05-Apr-21 18:02:07

Yes that’s it suziewoozie never watch anything Clarkson is on and haven’t seen the other one since he did his flounce
Oh my word ngaiol that’s a laugh ?

suziewoozie Mon 05-Apr-21 18:11:44

Ngaio1

At least they were trying to defend our Queen.

She must be in a bad way if she needs these two to defend her ?

JenniferEccles Mon 05-Apr-21 18:25:47

Piers Morgan has simply stated his opinion that he doesn’t believe a word of Meghan’s nasty spiteful accusations of the Royal family in the Winfrey ‘interview’

A great number of us completely agree with him.

suziewoozie Mon 05-Apr-21 18:34:07

JenniferEccles

Piers Morgan has simply stated his opinion that he doesn’t believe a word of Meghan’s nasty spiteful accusations of the Royal family in the Winfrey ‘interview’

A great number of us completely agree with him.

‘Simply stated’ ?????Over and over and over again because she didn’t fancy him - that’s what willy wavers do when their ‘charms’ are rejected. Poor little man. ?

BlueBelle Mon 05-Apr-21 18:36:36

And judging by the complaints an even greater number don’t agree jennifereccles
I m sure if he’d ‘just’ given an opinion no one would have thought twice but when you shout down everyone in a loud and very aggressive manner constantly, it just shows a very unattractive side and didn’t clarkson once clock someone who disagreed with him both loud ignorant bullies

Anniebach Mon 05-Apr-21 18:46:14

There was 41,000 complaints , is that a greater number ?

grannyrebel7 Mon 05-Apr-21 18:56:31

I agree with you Jennifer Eccles Piers is entitled to say he didn't believe MM and he has a right to express his opinion. I like Piers, ok I know he's an ego on legs, but he didn't used to take any waffling from the politicians and wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought. I like people who are straight. As for Clarkson, I'm afraid I can't defend him!

suziewoozie Mon 05-Apr-21 19:06:07

Anniebach

There was 41,000 complaints , is that a greater number ?

Piers Morgan's Meghan comments break Ofcom complaints record www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56427214

Even bigger number actually

suziewoozie Mon 05-Apr-21 19:08:02

grannyrebel7

I agree with you Jennifer Eccles Piers is entitled to say he didn't believe MM and he has a right to express his opinion. I like Piers, ok I know he's an ego on legs, but he didn't used to take any waffling from the politicians and wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought. I like people who are straight. As for Clarkson, I'm afraid I can't defend him!

PM straight ? Have you read up his journalistic career ? Straight? ???