AIBU

Mr Johnson where are you!

(40 Posts)
MrsPickle Tue 12-Oct-21 22:23:12

Oh Marbella.
Slight crisis here mate.
Er where do we start?
Your team is generally incompetent.
Two years you bluffed, fluffed and puffed.
What is the answer, mate?

Scones Wed 13-Oct-21 09:36:39

Germanshepherdsmum

Scones

I do wish certain posters would ‘put a sock in it’. So boring

Golly. That's rich coming from someone who has just left a post entirely comprised of thing that have already been said ad infinitum on another thread.

Precisely my point Scones, glad it got through to you.

If it was me you were talking to then I wonder why as I hadn't posted ahead of yours.

Josianne Wed 13-Oct-21 09:52:13

We had our holiday place abraod checked out for David Cameron and his family to rent when he was PM. We didn't charge anything like £25k a week. When we went into discussions we were told part of the decision was to do with the sort of people we were. I don't mean posh or entitled, there's a lot more to the choice in terms of security and being discreet. I doubt whether Mr. Goldsmith will be rushing to the press to tell them Boris left the shower dirty or Wilfred drew on the furniture.

MaizieD Wed 13-Oct-21 10:04:50

I don't think that the complainers about another thread on Johnson's holiday have noticed that the OP isn't someone who posts on the News & Politics forum. Possibly because people complain that it's a bear garden and not for the fainthearted.

The N & P thread has a title which gives no indication of what it is actually about so it's quite understandable that the OP may have missed it. Not everyone reads all the threads which come up in the 'Trending' box.

Give the OP a break , for heaven's sake.

Josianne Wed 13-Oct-21 10:11:53

people complain that it's a bear garden and not for the fainthearted.
I read that as a beer garden!

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 13-Oct-21 10:23:01

Scones

Germanshepherdsmum

Scones

Golly. That's rich coming from someone who has just left a post entirely comprised of thing that have already been said ad infinitum on another thread.

If it was me you were talking to then I wonder why as I hadn't posted ahead of yours.

Fgs Scones, I didn’t say you were one of the ‘certain poster’. I was commenting on your ‘that’s rich..’ remark. Have you got it now? If not there is no hope.

JaneJudge Wed 13-Oct-21 10:25:24

Josianne

^people complain that it's a bear garden and not for the fainthearted.^

Maybe it's in Rhyl

Lucca Wed 13-Oct-21 10:48:29

MaizieD

I don't think that the complainers about another thread on Johnson's holiday have noticed that the OP isn't someone who posts on the News & Politics forum. Possibly because people complain that it's a bear garden and not for the fainthearted.

The N & P thread has a title which gives no indication of what it is actually about so it's quite understandable that the OP may have missed it. Not everyone reads all the threads which come up in the 'Trending' box.

Give the OP a break , for heaven's sake.

Good point. Sorry OP

MaizieD Wed 13-Oct-21 11:12:17

Josianne

^people complain that it's a bear garden and not for the fainthearted.^

It could well be when everyone has had one too many pints grin

midgey Wed 13-Oct-21 11:25:07

It’s very vexing to have to admit to a modicum of sympathy for the Prime Minister but it isn’t many weeks since his mother died.

winterwhite Wed 13-Oct-21 11:48:16

It's not the holiday itself that bothers me, it's the conspicuous consumption in choice of location, when 'hard working families' couldn't go to Spain during the school holidays, and when the economic future for many looks so very uncertain.

This "I'm all right Jack" insensitivity is unattractive, and not a good look for a prime minister.

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 13-Oct-21 12:26:47

There have always been hard working people who can’t go on holiday. There always will be. I was one for some years but I don’t begrudge other people. Perhaps foreign (or all?) holidays for PMs should be banned? And perhaps they shouldn’t own houses because some hard working people can’t afford them? I couldn’t care less where he goes.

winterwhite Wed 13-Oct-21 12:39:31

You misunderstand me, Germanshepherd. Prob my fault. I meant that families were beset with red and yellow lists and rules and weren't allowed to travel to Spain for almost the whole of the school holidays. Now those same families may be hesitating to book any holidays because of price increases ahead in every direction.
In these exceptional circs I think a luxury villa in Spain a thoughtless choice for the PM.

lemongrove Wed 13-Oct-21 16:45:34

Winter many people who don’t have school age children are now enjoying foreign travel.
I fail to see how the Johnsons don’t deserve a holiday.

Scones Wed 13-Oct-21 20:55:29

Germanshepherdsmum

Scones

Germanshepherdsmum

Scones

Fgs Scones, I didn’t say you were one of the ‘certain poster’. I was commenting on your ‘that’s rich..’ remark. Have you got it now? If not there is no hope.

Nice doing business with you too.